Short snow scene

Reaction score
Near Rugeley Staffordshire, United Kingdom

The snow finally arrived in my area of the UK today so I thought I'd get a short video recorded showing my road in white.

Unfortunately just as I was about to send the P3A up, the snow returned so it was a short flight.

P

Reactions: Neon Euc

The snow finally arrived in my area of the UK today so I thought I'd get a short video recorded showing my road in white.

Unfortunately just as I was about to send the P3A up, the snow returned so it was a short flight.

P

Nice,but in Colorado we call that a dusting,but please keep it I have seen more than enough this year. And nice video thanks.

Interesting. I guess, things are a matter of perspective. I thought it snowed a lot more there. Yep, that’s a dusting. These videos help us understand the world more.Thank you for the video.

Interesting. I guess, things are a matter of perspective. I thought it snowed a lot more there. Yep, that’s a dusting. These videos help us understand the world more.Thank you for the video.

Yes it was a dusting but heavier snow has been forecast for 4 days but in the middle of England we have escaped it. Over the years our winters have become less severe and many people Don t know How to deal a small covering.

Yes it was a dusting but heavier snow has been forecast for 4 days but in the middle of England we have escaped it. Over the years our winters have become less severe and many people Don t know How to deal a small covering.
That's interesting to me. I like to study that a little bit more. My daughter lives in Erie Pennsylvania and they had 2 meters of snow in one day. That is not the norm. They took it in stride.

Reactions: Patrrick
Since my original post there' been my h more snow here but it' been far too windy to fly.

Be careful in the winter windy conditions. Last week I had been flying on a hilltop photographing a stream. When I got to the end of the property I climbed to about 300 ft to come back. But it barely moved, I initially thought I had a problem with the drone but I went back down to about 40-50 feet it came right back. I hate to think of what would have happened if I had climbed higher. The wind can change drastically with just a few hundred feet of altitude change.

Yes, things a a matter of perspective from where we stand. Still a lot of bare ground. I know it snows a lot more then that in Oregon. You must live near the coast.

Actually, we live in Portland about 1 1/2 hrs from the coast, approx. 300' above sea level. We do get more snow in the higher elevations.

I have been to England and Europe more times than I can count, the people are very pleasant, and I do enjoy the summers but the winters seem colder, longer and darker than anywhere I have been. And if the weather doesn’t change in Colorado soon I am going to lose it. Stay warm we will be charging batteries soon.

I got a short flight in after a recent dusting in Lancashire UK, nothing dramatic or spectacular but does make the landscape look great

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94