Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

I tried putting in the profile setup as per the estimable Mr Holt's instructions and had a problem with the gimbal switching between straight ahead and down violently as I scrolled the RS. I the tried importing the profile using an SD card and got the same results.

Because a picture is worth a thousand words, I have put up a video of the servo setting showing how it moves http://youtu.be/wp3RNhL0yxI

Any ideas what is happening here? It is driving me mad!

thanks

I upgraded to the newest firmware for my Phantom 2, V3.0. The SB switch was set up to do the slow tilt. After the upgrade, it quit working. Can anyone tell me how to set it up to get the slow tilt back via the SB switch. It didn't change any of the other settings from ianwood's profile. I even erased it and reloaded it and same results.

Hello,
I wanted to use my Futaba R6208SB in my phantom 2 and take out the stock rx as shown in this post, but my question is can i get longer antennas for it R6208SB cause it just seems the ones on there are too short for where i was mounting it and dont stick out of the body far enough.

Can i use the antenna from the stock RX they look like the same connector but i havent looked at it closely

thanks
mike

You can get a set of two 400mm Futaba antennas, like these:

T8FGS-rallonge-antenne-400mm-futaba.jpg

Search for this reference : Futaba F0959400

cshonts said:
I upgraded to the newest firmware for my Phantom 2, V3.0. The SB switch was set up to do the slow tilt. After the upgrade, it quit working. Can anyone tell me how to set it up to get the slow tilt back via the SB switch. It didn't change any of the other settings from ianwood's profile. I even erased it and reloaded it and same results.

You probably need to recalibrate in the Phantom Assistant. Check the first post in this thread for details.

jokeyjon said:
I tried putting in the profile setup as per the estimable Mr Holt's instructions and had a problem with the gimbal switching between straight ahead and down violently as I scrolled the RS. I the tried importing the profile using an SD card and got the same results.

Not sure who Mr. Holt is but if you're using my profile, just like my answer above, you need to calibrate following the instructions in this thread.

Can the T8 bind with the Phantom V 1.1.1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrememc said:
Can the T8 bind with the Phantom V 1.1.1?

Yes. FASST mode on the 14 or the 8 is supposed to bind to the P1. Use the bind button inside the battery compartment in back corner/top and bind according to the normal way outlined in the DJI manual (turn on tx, turn on Phantom, push button and hold for a moment, release. )

I love the stock DJI controller and haven't really had a reason to upgrade (although everyone raves about the Futaba controllers). However now that I am getting the Lightbridge, I need to upgrade. I'm not quite sure I trust myself to install the self centering spring on the throttle control - which I definitely want. Does anyone know of a dealer that will do this for me? Or am I just being a wuss and have nothing to worry about? Any help appreciated.

Hobbico will. Look a few post back. I posted how much and where to send to. You also might try your LHS.

razor237 said:
Hello,
I wanted to use my Futaba R6208SB in my phantom 2 and take out the stock rx as shown in this post, but my question is can i get longer antennas for it R6208SB cause it just seems the ones on there are too short for where i was mounting it and dont stick out of the body far enough.

Can i use the antenna from the stock RX they look like the same connector but i havent looked at it closely

thanks
mike

Fwiw, I have enjoyed much better range and performance binding the futaba controller w stock rx achieving 3400m vs 2000m w futaba receiver and longer futaba antennas. I was only getting 900m with futaba rx and standard antennas.

ladykate said:
Uncle Meat said:
Okay I need some suggestions....

7 out of the 10 flights I've made with my T8FGS has resulted in this same instance occurring. I'm flying around and I look down at the LCD on the radio to see how much time has passed. Instead of seeing the main display I'd hoped for I now see that I'm two or three levels deep into one of the zillions of menu screens this radio has!

U.M.

You can lock the screen. Open the manual and look it up (trying to explain it here would probably be confusing). It takes one move. I've also looked down and seen menus I didn't want up while flying. I'm surprised you haven't locked it by accident (that was how I found out about the feature ;-})

In case anyone else is curious.... to lock the screen press and hold the "S1" touch pad for 5 seconds. Press and hold it again for 5 seconds to unlock. Simple as cake.

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
In case anyone else is curious.... to lock the screen press and hold the "S1" touch pad for 5 seconds. Press and hold it again for 5 seconds to unlock. Simple as cake.

U.M.

You can also select the lock icon on the main menu - which is quick. That was the one that I mentioned I hit by accident and locked it - still do it occasionally. First time I fiddled around until I accidentally unlocked it. Had to go to the manual to figure out what I did. ;-}

ladykate said:
Uncle Meat said:

U.M.

You can also select the lock icon on the main menu - which is quick.
There is nothing "quick" about the menus on this radio! LOL! Worst navigation design EVER! Just my honest opinion.

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
ladykate said:
Uncle Meat said:

U.M.

You can also select the lock icon on the main menu - which is quick.
There is nothing "quick" about the menus on this radio! LOL! Worst navigation design EVER! Just my honest opinion.

U.M.

I'm certainly a newbie with the system but it seems a remote hookup to a PC/MAC/Linux box and a menu system would solve some problems. A good front end with help screens would make it so much better. Getting the initial profile in is a PITA. After you get the major stuff configured, I don't mind tweaking it with the stock menu system but until then, you want to gnaw your arm off.

Ozon8r said:
Fwiw, I have enjoyed much better range and performance binding the futaba controller w stock rx achieving 3400m vs 2000m w futaba receiver and longer futaba antennas. I was only getting 900m with futaba rx and standard antennas.

Anyone else measured inferior range with the Futaba receiver? If so, mine is for sale, cheap.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Anyone else measured inferior range with the Futaba receiver? If so, mine is for sale, cheap.

Kelly

2km with the short antennas. With the long ones, you should be good for the same distance as the stock receiver. Main benefit of the Futaba receiver is channel 8 which I am currently using to turn high-visibility strobes on/off as I am starting to do some dusk/night flying.

wkf94025 said:
Ozon8r said:

Kelly

I'm not into really long flights and I use the Futaba rx on non-Phantoms (so... not a problem for me). The Phantom setup has been tuned professionally and is hard to beat the rx placement/setup by the pros. It is, from what I understand, a Futaba rx. The antenna placement seems critical to me. Some are using the longer antennas to get away from the body and that seems to work. On my other airframes, I do similar things and have not had any problems.

Having said that, if you want to sell your rx - at a reasonable price, I would certainly purchase it. I like them.

ladykate said:
I'm not into really long flights and I use the Futaba rx on non-Phantoms (so... not a problem for me). The Phantom setup has been tuned professionally and is hard to beat the rx placement/setup by the pros. It is, from what I understand, a Futaba rx. The antenna placement seems critical to me. Some are using the longer antennas to get away from the body and that seems to work.

Completely agree. DJI clearly did their homework with the stock antenna placement and the antennas are cut to just the right length. Hard to match that with after market.

ianwood said:
Main benefit of the Futaba receiver is channel 8 which I am currently using to turn high-visibility strobes on/off as I am starting to do some dusk/night flying.

Had another thought for channel 8 as I was watching Lalevasurf's nice Capitola video, with some interesting backward flying (flying in opposite direction of camera). Could you mount a small, lightweight, FPV-only camera, facing opposite direction of GoPro, and use channel 8 to toggle FPV between forward camera and aft camera? Not sure if anyone makes a small VTx "switching yard" circuit.

Kelly

Ozon8r said:
razor237 said:
Hello,

thanks
mike

Can you link me or show me the antennas you speak of here?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl