Seeing The Light

Reaction score
As I read the threads about various issues it becomes more obvious that Quadcopters need to be treated like any other flying piece of equipment. I have flown in private planes quite a bit and the good pilots not only mentally go through their check list but also use their flight book to make sure nothing is missing in the pre-flight checklist
Reading this blog for several months now I know that in a rush "to Fly" I have missed some important steps. fortunately nothing has gone wrong. Yes, I have the decal on the RC that goes through the steps but I know now that I must look at battery levels, make sure there are enough satellites, calibrate the compass according to a recent blog, etc etc etc. I missed a firmware update because I thought I had taken the right steps...wrong!
Yes DJI has made some mistakes, poor CS is one of them. But I for one am going to make a more comprehensive flight checklist than the pablum I have used in the past. I don't ever want to contact DJI CS since they have a poor reputaion. The onus is on me to go through a thorough pre-flight so stupid stuff doesn't happen. Flying this thing needs to be taken seriously! It's not a toy but a very complicated piece of equipment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik