Video unavailable

• Thread starter Deleted member 108945
  • Start date
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whoever travels to Scotland will find a land rich in landscapes, a wonderful nature and a very dense history. Without wanting to in our minds we draw the silhouette of a country full of green fields, wild nature and castles that together with its picturesque villages and towns. Some areas are among the most unpopulated in Europe, and offer the possibility of enjoying a practically virgin landscape.

It is an endless contrast from the moment of their birth to the present day. The Scots have lived through great periods in their history, from the time when the Scots arrived from Ireland to mingle with the local population, then the Vikings arrived, who continued that task and gave the people of Scotland a special character. Scotland, or Alba in Scottish and even Caledonia as the ancient Romans called it, is as variable as the names it has. The most incredible thing is that the climate is practically the same in contrasts, the weather can change every 10 minutes, and go from a radiant sun to rain and wind in the blink of an eye. That's why it's often said that you can experience all four seasons in just one day.

Despite its size, it hides countless treasures: incredible landscapes, immense skies, spectacular nature, and cities that are symbols of culture. Every step you take in this wonderful country is full of castles and lakes that blend into the landscape, creating postcard silhouettes that you would spend hours looking at while trying to decipher the stories and legends that each one has. With the most extensive virgin areas in Western Europe, it is a paradise for naturalists who feel the irrepressible desire to travel through the north of the country.

The lakes scattered all over the landscape find their peak in Loch Ness, cradle of myths and legends that together with the cloudy landscapes give that halo of mystery that traps you in a circle of sensations difficult to forget.

When you start visiting the famous Highlands you realize that despite being an extremely humid area there is a great shortage of trees, and this is due to the great deforestation that the country has suffered throughout its history. Seeing these incredible bare landscapes is both amazing and sad, but the Scots are a traditional and innovative people and they always find a way to avoid that.

Most of the forests that through human action and climate have been disappearing, and the little that remains due to the winds and the shallow roots fall and end up dying. That is why in the two great natural parks, they have chosen to protect those native Caledonian trees (that is how Scotland was called in ancient Rome).

Situated in the north of Britain is a rugged and windy place, the Highlands region has always made great demands on its inhabitants. In its lands we can see the great constructions that are the scars of those wars that have always happened between families for the succession of a throne that was denied to them, and that also was much more crude in the wars between Protestants and Catholics that divided the country.

It is a country of legend, that Scotland full of stories that has always intoxicated our hearts. It was full of druids, of myths and legends of goblins with golden cauldrons, of horses transformed into women (Kelpies) and above all of stories of ghosts and mermaids. These Kelpies are evil spirits that inhabit lonely lakes, attracting people to ride them to trap them in their watery graves, but if you are brave enough to take the bridle and tame them, they will obey you for life.

It should be noted that their flagship animal is the unicorn, that in their most famous lake there is a monster that many have seen and no one sees (they pay you 25000 pounds if you take a good picture of the monster)
Beautiful country and great video..

I'm not sure why you said the Irish migrated to Scotland like they colonized. The Picts were there first and were the reason the Romans built Hadrian's wall. There was indeed an Irish petty kingdom that already lived in a part of what is now Scotland. They were known to the Romans as "Scotti" (raiders).
They had an alliance with and merged with the ancient Picts over time but assuredly the vast majority of Scotland was occupied by the Picts originally.
Clan Donnachaidh BTW.

Believe me , I'm not trying to be harsh in a mean way. There are cultural ways of thinking that makes it hard for others to understand. I would think you would give credit to the person that did the photography work. That didn't come clear to me as posted here on this forum. Your doing just the editing wasn't clear to me. That is what socked me. Maybe if I went back, I might see it? Sorry, I still can't see it as your video. Not by clipping it and adding music. Do you fly a drone?

Sorry for the late reply. We have different point of views but I understand yours so I have to assume that is my fault not having made it very clear that I did not record the images.

Of course! I fly a drone and on my YouTube channel there´s only three videos I haven´t shoot myself https://www.youtube.com/eutx9795

I think we're experiencing generational differences. Young people expect, are accustomed to, and even enjoy the short duration clips, the transitions that look like video transmission problems or small explosions, and probably the metal guitar noise soundtrack. I find that all just annoying. Years ago it became fashionable for 'artists' to re-mix other musicians popular music and then call it their own. Some even became well known, and probably made good money without ever having to learn music, singing, mastering an instrument, or having a band and touring. Before that, it would have been a lawsuit by the publishers. Same idea here. Editing (like remixing) seems to be it's own art form now. Sorry, I don't think so. It definitely is a skill and a creative process that warrants recognition, but not the title of Author or composer (or drone operator, in this case). But I'm surely much older than eutx9795. That's why I use my real name. Generational.

Sorry for my late reply.

I have not pretended to be the author of the video, I have published it here because I think it is a nice video to show and also to try to win some views.It's my fault not having made it very clear that I did not record the images

IMHO, I like either fade out/fade in or cross dissolve, especially with landscape video. I find fast or complex transitions to be distracting or annoying. Just my 2 cents.
I think the same

I'm not sure why you said the Irish migrated to Scotland like they colonized. The Picts were there first and were the reason the Romans built Hadrian's wall. There was indeed an Irish petty kingdom that already lived in a part of what is now Scotland. They were known to the Romans as "Scotti" (raiders).
They had an alliance with and merged with the ancient Picts over time but assuredly the vast majority of Scotland was occupied by the Picts originally.
Clan Donnachaidh BTW.
Sorry, this is the information I found when I researched Scotland, so I could write the introductory text to the video

I haven´t said it's not my video, I have said: "I ddn´t shoot fotage, I edited the video" (with typing error included) This fact can be read on the description of the video, published on my channel, since its published.

Why is this disappointing? that are hard words. Of course it's my video, if I hadn't edited it, it wouldn't be like it´s now, it would be a totally different video, so it's my video.

I'm showing the recording work of another person, who asked me to edit the video and gave me permission to publish it on my YouTube channel, and my own work for scene selection, editing, colour grade, ...etc.
I agree that this is disappointing. Maybe you included the disclaimer on your YouTube channel but you did not include it here. Here is where we are watching it. Do you think we would ignotre the video posted here and switch to YouTube to watch it.? Doing what you did is what I find to be unethical. There is quite a bit of text with the video and that makes it sound more like a travel ad to attract tourism to Scotland. Are we to believe you wrote the text also? If you wanted to be ethical you would have posted the disclaimer here on the first line of text. Also, I agree with the statement that this forum is for us to post our own work. If you didn't fly the mission yourself and you want to show off your editing skills, that should have been made clear right at the very beginning, and made clear here, not on another site. You don't see the editors of the major movies claiming the movie is theirs, do you. I wonder how the producers would react to something like that. Transparency is always the best policy.

I agree that this is disappointing. Maybe you included the disclaimer on your YouTube channel but you did not include it here. Here is where we are watching it. Do you think we would ignotre the video posted here and switch to YouTube to watch it.? Doing what you did is what I find to be unethical. There is quite a bit of text with the video and that makes it sound more like a travel ad to attract tourism to Scotland. Are we to believe you wrote the text also? If you wanted to be ethical you would have posted the disclaimer here on the first line of text. Also, I agree with the statement that this forum is for us to post our own work. If you didn't fly the mission yourself and you want to show off your editing skills, that should have been made clear right at the very beginning, and made clear here, not on another site. You don't see the editors of the major movies claiming the movie is theirs, do you. I wonder how the producers would react to something like that. Transparency is always the best policy.
As I have posted previously: "I have not pretended to be the author of the video, I have published it here because I think it is a nice video to show and also to try to win some views.It's my fault not having made it very clear that I did not record the images"

Can we speak about the video itself?

I have published it here because I think it is a nice video to show and also to try to win some views.[/url]
And there's the truth of the matter right there.
I swear the worst thing that happened with forums and social media is the Pavlovian/BF Skinner results from a stupid "Like" button.