Rules aand regulations

The pattern altitude at KORL is 1000 ft MSL and since there are no other uncontrolled airports under KORL airspace within 5 miles, they should not be below 1000 ft MSL
Also, the MDA is approximately 700 ft MSL depending on which approach is used and it is less than 1 mile from runway. At 2 miles out, approach shows over 1000 ft MSL

Also, the MDA is approximately 700 ft MSL depending on which approach is used and it is less than 1 mile from runway. At 2 miles out, approach shows over 1000 ft MSL

That is one steep glide slope given that the norm is 3 degrees and landing with a decent rate of 500'/min is going to be one hell of a bang....... :)

That is one steep glide slope given that the norm is 3 degrees and landing with a decent rate of 500'/min is going to be one hell of a bang....... :)
That is based on the 3.00 degree VGSI angle at KORL RNAV RWY7 proceedure

You 2 are wrong, sorry, but those airplanes on approach by my house they are less than 500', and I'm right at the edge of the 5 miles radius to the south of MCO...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You 2 are wrong, sorry, but those airplanes on approach by my house they are less than 500', and I'm right at the edge of the 5 miles radius to the south of MCO...

If you are talking KMCO, then on the ILS35R approach aircraft show to be 4.6 miles south at HEWES intersection aircraft on a 3.00 VGSI angle will be 1600 minimum altitude. Below that they are busting approach minimums.

If you are talking KMCO, then on the ILS35R approach aircraft show to be 4.6 miles south at HEWES intersection aircraft on a 3.00 VGSI angle will be 1600 minimum altitude. Below that they are busting approach minimums.

Pattern altitude at KMCO is 1000 ft MSL and at no time should they be below that until they enter the pattern or on an approved approach. Again, 4.6 miles south of KMCO is 1600 FT. KMCO elevation is 96 ft MSL so you can deduct about 100ft from the above altitudes for AGL.

Since MCO is class B, a standard 3 degree approach would put the aircraft at about 1400 feet out 5 standard miles.

Reactions: THA

with no other visual references, the eyeball is a terrible range detector. the published approaches are the 'law' and no airline pilot is going to be that low that far out.

Pattern altitude at KMCO is 1000 ft MSL and at no time should they be below that until they enter the pattern or on an approved approach. Again, 4.6 miles south of KMCO is 1600 FT. KMCO elevation is 96 ft MSL so you can deduct about 100ft from the above altitudes for AGL.

Just found the plate for KMCO and THA is correct on this one. At least we are all now talking about the same airport :)

Since MCO is class B, a standard 3 degree approach would put the aircraft at about 1400 feet out 5 standard miles.
I'm reading from the KMCO ILS35R plates. 4.6 miles 1600 ft MSL which would be 1506 ft AG:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik