Reset rc to ac

here you go just like this

Reactions: KNED341
if you have a reflow station just tin up everything set the component hold it with tweezers and turn the hot air reflow on it using the smallest nozzle

Does the button close contact between any of the four posts? Asking this to find out if I can short out the posts during the relink procedure.

yes it basically acts as a jumper between the pins while you have it apart look at the traces to see what to jump out to reset the bird the switch is momentary meaning its closed when pressed and open when at rest so all you have to do is make sure to jump the pins hold for a second and then remove the jumper to get the RC and AC to link up I do recommend just getting the switch and doing it right though

its fairly simple measure the distance on the pads length and width buy the switch that fits that footprint and solder it in. tin up the pads on the board and the switch so it attached quick
Does it matter which direction the button is installed? I see the posts are rectangular in shape so it won't be able to be installed 90 degrees off, but what about 180 off?

nope doesn't matter that's why its longer one direction then the other as long as its a momentary switch that fits the pads correctly it cant be put in wrong

have you looked inside the body of the drone to see if the switch popped off that will insure you have the right one just reflow it back on

I do have soldering skills. I used to put those old heathkit TVs and other kits together as a kid. Are there any instructions or videos for installing one of these switches? Worth a try for $6. I have heard all these bad stories about people sending their units into DJI, I am kinda afraid they will try to charge me for the repair. I was on the phone with them and all they could tell me was to send the whole unit in. Any other company would have just sent me a new board if I didn't mind putting it in myself. Does anyone know if the authorized DJI service centers can do this work as warranty?
They will almost certainly charge you once they see that you've crashed it.

The link I sent you earlier to the switch is actually for 10 switches for $6 as far as I can tell. You can start your own P3S, P34K repair shop. ;)

Reactions: epicdoom
have you looked inside the body of the drone to see if the switch popped off that will insure you have the right one just reflow it back on
Can't find it. Nothing rattles around. I need to find a magnify lens to see if there is any solder on the leads. it doesn't look like it with the naked eye but they're not as good as they used to be lol.

The link I sent you earlier to the switch is actually for 10 switches for $6 as far as I can tell. You can start your own P3S, P34K repair shop. ;)
Truth lol those will work if they aren't long enough you can cheat them on, but definitely try and measure the pads the device should sit about mid way up the longest dimension of the pads so the device you want shouldn't be longer then center to center but can be as short as leading edge to leading edge on the longest dimension ill grab the pic and edit it to show what you need to measure

Is that switch the correct one or an example and I need to measure and determine the correct one?

Truth lol those will work if they aren't long enough you can cheat them on, but definitely try and measure the pads the device should sit about mid way up the longest dimension of the pads so the device you want shouldn't be longer then center to center but can be as short as leading edge to leading edge on the longest dimension ill grab the pic and edit it to show what you need to measure
Awesome. Thanks

Is that switch the correct one or an example and I need to measure and determine the correct one?
That is one which has been used successfully by others here on the forum. Thats where I got the link.

UPDATE: @KNED341 - This guy also bought 10. It was only in January, so he likely still has 9 remaining. Maybe he will put one in an envelope for you if you PM him.

Standard - phantom 3 std link button HELP!!!!

Last edited:
there you go Oso has the one to get just get that one

Attachments

• 1504557827394318415048.jpg
    1504557827394318415048.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 169

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member