Replacement parts

Reaction score
I recently had an incident with my PV2+ and a house. End damage is the camera is now detached from the mount and I tore a ribbon cable. First things first; anyone know where to get another one ribbon cable? Also how hard is it to replace?

Thanks !

I've been seeing v+ parts trickling into IntellegentUAS including camera assembly and I think I saw cables. Might give them a look.

My Phantom 2 Vision + met a similar fate last night. The camera and gimbal detached at the 'circular cover' behind the gimbal that is suspended below the whie palstic body. The black ribbon broke.

SafireGuy, have you made any progress on repairing yours?

Thank you!

I recently had an incident with my PV2+ and a house. End damage is the camera is now detached from the mount and I tore a ribbon cable. First things first; anyone know where to get another one ribbon cable? Also how hard is it to replace?

Thanks !
You can fine them online sometimes on amazon, not so easy to replace whole camera has to come apart lots of small parts, mag. glasses a must very tedious. Ribbons are anywhere from 40. to 80.$ what i've seen.Good luck, IF that fails i do have a camera and gimbal that i can part with, e-mail me if you have any questions, [email protected]. Thanks hope that helps.

Ribbon cable are on eBay search Phantom 2 gimbal and it will come up. Around $40. Depends on how bad the damage as to repairable. Go to you tube and search on Phantom 2 vision + gimbal repair. Watchmthenvideos and see if you want to undertake the challenge. You can find new gimbal and camera on eBay for 3-4 hundred. New are 6+ hundred. Good luck!

Yep you have eBay in UK.

We do indeed and I searched for a Phantom 2 vision gimble guard and found zilch!

Still, a relatively inexpensive investment at $30 IMO considering the repair you may face without it.

As an alternative for you.. I know some people have made their own bracket out of a small stiff length of metal/aluminum, bent it into a rectangular "C" or "J" shape and adhered it with a piece of double-sided poster tape to the back of the camera. If you take that route, I would recommend making a cardboard mockup first to determine the proper shape and fit along with the poster tape. Pretty easy project. The gap between bracket and front of gimbal should be miniscule to inhibit future gimbal separation yet allow the gimbal motor to freely rotate. The bracket can be a piece that wraps around under the gimbal or horizontally around the side of it. Either will work.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing