Regulations WILL come...

panhygrous pantler said:
MikesTooLz said:
the groom in that video now has a big gash on his right cheek.

Where did you read that?

The wedding photog/video guy only described it as a cut to his cheek.

"the couple laughed it off, cleaned up, and continued with the shoot."

I clicked on the photographers link to the finish video he made, and in all the shots you can see the big cut under the guys eye. He was lucky thats all that happened.

Its one thing to be a photographer and know what you think will make a good shot, its another thing to think as a photographer you can just pick up a quad copter and fly at high speeds directly at people trying to perform a near miss.

MikesTooLz said:
I clicked on the photographers link to the finish video he made, and in all the shots you can see the big cut under the guys eye. He was lucky thats all that happened.

A gash is different than a cut, hence my question.

MikesTooLz said:
panhygrous pantler said:
MikesTooLz said:
the groom in that video now has a big gash on his right cheek.

Where did you read that?

The wedding photog/video guy only described it as a cut to his cheek.

"the couple laughed it off, cleaned up, and continued with the shoot."

Its one thing to be a photographer and know what you think will make a good shot, its another thing to think as a photographer you can just pick up a quad copter and fly at high speeds directly at people trying to perform a near miss.

Just ignore "pantyhose panties" Mike, he's one of those obnoxious people that thinks he knows it all, and that anything he reads is more correct than anything you read .... ;)
The guy would be a total joke if he wasn't so much of a fly .... and you know what flies eat and do ...... ;)
Since adding him as the sole person on any ignore list on any forum I belong to ... it a lot less .... hot air blowing noise. :lol:

Flyer91 said:
anything he reads is more correct than anything you read .... ;)

Wrong again, unless you imagine that this kinetic energy formula that "I read" is incorrect compared to what you have imagined and/or read:

KineticEnergy.gif

Using that simple formula it is easy to determine that a Vision traveling at 30mph absolutely and unequivocally does not have the same kinetic energy as a firearm, as you have erroneously claimed a number of times.

Science and facts are good - Irrational and immature ranting is not helpful (except to make people laugh at you).

Although not impact damage, here's what a Phantom can do.

Not meant as a dispersion against hand catching, nor am I making any judgment calls.
It's only meant as what it is.

Warning!! This is a bit graphic .......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji3Hii_LZOc[/youtube]

I wanna have fun with my Phantom, I really do, but I couldn't take it if I was the cause of an injury.

The problem is this hobby has drawn a fair number of narcissistic individuals who really don't care.

Flyer91 said:

Not meant as a dispersion against hand catching, nor am I making any judgment calls.

holy crap!! did you cut an artery or something? look at the blood pouring out!!

happydogs said:
Flyer91 said:

I think the guy must have either cut one or got pretty close to one.
Evidently he was using carbon fiber props.
You can see that they're black if you stop the video at ~0:22

happydogs said:
Flyer91 said:

And thats with prop guards on.

1 more reason not to use carbon fiber props, they don't fly as well and WOW look what damage they can do.

ResevorDG said:
PhilAnderson said:
It's already happening here in the US: http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/e ... =478118316 Hope that link works. CNN has an article that states ALL federal parks are off limits to what they call DRONES.

Yes the park service has said no drones. It will be interesting to see if they have the authority to make that call.
On one hand the parks are "private" property so they can make some rules. But it's also publicly owned private property, so...

The only way to know for sure is for someone to go to court over it.

To me, that rule seems arbitrary and unnecessary but who knows what will happen.

They have the authority to limit or deny based on public safety or serious property loss, and no sane attorney is going before a federal Judge trying to explain how their client has a right to disturb the wildlife.

All they have to do is show the Judge the video of that idiot chasing those long horn sheep in Zion Nation Park. It seems many of the sheep's young were separated from their mothers.

Yeah that's not a winning case...

Good call on the props.

Looking at closer it looks like it could be a phantom v1 or 2 with v1 prop guards and v2 props. When you use this combo the blades stick out longer than the guards by just enough to cause some harm.

ResevorDG said:
Good call on the props.

Looking at closer it looks like it could be a phantom v1 or 2 with v1 prop guards and v2 props. When you use this combo the blades stick out longer than the guards by just enough to cause some harm.

My exact thoughts too RD.

Ya gotta kind'a hand it to this guy though, for at least being willing to swallow his pride and post his mistakes on YT .......

Man ..... that's just 'really' ugly!!

Flyer91 said:
ResevorDG said:
Good call on the props.

Ya gotta kind'a hand it to this guy though, for at least being willing to swallow his pride and post his mistakes on YT .......

It's a scar worth talking about around the camp fire...... "Yeah, got this one in a drone attack!"

This guy got in a fight with his phantom and spent the night in the hospital with a broken toe and finger almost cut off.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tpzz54xaIY[/youtube]

ResevorDG said:
Flyer91 said:
ResevorDG said:
Good call on the props.

It's a scar worth talking about around the camp fire...... "Yeah, got this one in a drone attack!"

LOL!!

Kids started doing stupid stuff with knives. So Woolworths limited the same of them to 18+ only. Now I have to get a customer service person to come and assist me when I buy disposable plastic picnic sets with a plastic knife, fork, spoon and serviette. If people continue to knowingly break the law and cause problems it will start us down the wrong path to combat laws against intelligent use as a sport/hobby.

[More] Regulations WILL come [quicker if you keep breaking the current laws]

CarlJ said:
They have the authority to limit or deny based on public safety or serious property loss, and no sane attorney is going before a federal Judge trying to explain how their client has a right to disturb the wildlife.

All they have to do is show the Judge the video of that idiot chasing those long horn sheep in Zion Nation Park. It seems many of the sheep's young were separated from their mothers.

So the lesson here for all of us is that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission? If so, then consider it noted.

It certainly seems unreasonable that the public could be restricted from responsible operation of a photographic tool. To me, this is akin to the National Park Service making a blanket ban on camera tripods or zoom lenses. When maintained and operated properly and responsibly, Phantoms pose no more risk to person or property than most other equipment and tools.

CRankin said:
CarlJ said:

So the lesson here for all of us is that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission? If so, then consider it noted.

It certainly seems unreasonable that the public could be restricted from responsible operation of a photographic tool. To me, this is akin to the National Park Service making a blanket ban on camera tripods or zoom lenses. When maintained and operated properly and responsibly, Phantoms pose no more risk to person or property than most other equipment and tools.

I have a friend in Park Service, he's not really placed so that he'd have special information, but from what he tells me NPS has a real issue with the impact on wildlife. He specifically addressed the actions of the individual chasing the sheep, and another involving birds abandoning a nest. They are also concerned with Phantoms getting stuck where retrieval isn't possible, and noted that would be treated the same as littering in a National Park. His words "violations that are unintended".

I know many of you are responsible people, but clearly not everyone is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1