Registering/Activating a pre-owned P4?

Reaction score
Just bought a used P4. I understand that when you buy it new, you register it on your DJI account. How is this done for a used drone?
Thanks,
Hish

I asked DJI this a while back. They answered me in Chinese with what I believe was a cut and paste stock response.

I then got transferred to the N/A contact and got the follow:

Mai (DJI)
Aug 7, 03:21 HKT
Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting DJI Customer Support.

Mike, we can only register the unit to us once. Since you are the second owner you won't be able to change the registration or register it under your account.

The thing that you can change is the log in ID on the DJI GO APP.

The registration process happens after purchasing the drone and the first owner already did that. Registration process is only done once in every unit.

Hope this will help!

If you have any other inquiry in the future please feel free to contact us back anytime and we will be more than happy to assist you with your concern.
Have a wonderful day ahead.
Best Regards,
Myra

Did you have a wonderful day?
"
Have a wonderful day ahead.
Best Regards,
Myra"

This was the body of the first response. Nothing more. nothing less.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允 许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

HUIGH!!!!! MUCH RESPECT AMERICAN JOE!!!!!

With all due respect to DJI, I have had three other positive experiences with other issues on a new aircraft I bought.

Sanscrit? Did aliens engineer Phantoms?

Interesting.

Wonder how they handle refurbs sent out after repairs? Old owner of the refurb is still the registered owner?

Interesting.

Wonder how they handle refurbs sent out after repairs? Old owner of the refurb is still the registered owner?

I assume that since they receive the drone for "refurbishing", they confirm that it isn't owned by the original owner any longer and can reset the registration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers