Recommendation on a small indoor practice drone

rmb

Reaction score
I am a comercial 107 pilot and I find that you can get rusty pretty quickly. As I live in the Northeast and the weather is about to get bad it will be hard to stay crispy in the controls. What I was wondering is if anyone can suggest a good SMALL indoor drone to stay in shape. I don't care about a great camera or flips and tricks, just a solid responsive drone that I can do some precision flying in my living room. Also I would want it to have removable batteries so that I can get 2 or 3.

Thanks,

rb

Reactions: NitroMan
I am a comercial 107 pilot and I find that you can get rusty pretty quickly. As I live in the Northeast and the weather is about to get bad it will be hard to stay crispy in the controls. What I was wondering is if anyone can suggest a good SMALL indoor drone to stay in shape. I don't care about a great camera or flips and tricks, just a solid responsive drone that I can do some precision flying in my living room. Also I would want it to have removable batteries so that I can get 2 or 3.

Thanks,

rb
I don't know much about this topic, but I do recall seeing this post a few days ago. Perhaps it's something to consider.

Tello! - why did i wait so long?

Reactions: umanbean
Got 2 or 3 up to a100.00 drone in trade all were junk just not worth the effort to keep them flying ☹️Lol
Batteries chargers props
Pairing connections etc
I just put prop guards on my p3a
Probably going to fly it in my home
Lot if those drone reviews paint a pretty picture BUT!!!!☹️☹️

If you want a stable, high tech indoor flyer, IMO, the Tello is the only way to go.

The Tello and Tello Boost package are also on sale at Best Buy... 79 and 99 respectively... by all means pay the extra 20 and get the Boost. Extra set of props, 3 batteries, 3 bay charging dock, and a little micro USB cable.

I bought the Boost package and love it!

See the link Oso put in post #2

I ordered a Tello boost package from DJI for US$99 (Black Friday price). Should arrive tomorrow. It will be perfect for windy days like today where I can’t fly my P3S or Spark.

Chris

Blade Nano QX

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blade Nano QX.jpg

Thank you.
I will probably go with PJD1's recommendation of the Blade nano qx. The reviews are amazing for indoor practice. The tello is of course a way better drone, but still a bit big and loud for practice in small spaces. Also I thought about the DJI flight simulator whih looks amazing and the lite version is free, however sadly I am a mac person and do not own a PC.

I will probably go with PJD1's recommendation of the Blade nano qx. The reviews are amazing for indoor practice.

Let us know what you think of it - if you have the time (and the inclination :) ) I'm intrigued, it looks fun

Also I thought about the DJI flight simulator whih looks amazing and the lite version is free, however sadly I am a mac person and do not own a PC.

Could you install a Windows Virtual Machine and check it out? Likely depends on how much horsepower your Mac has

Let us know what you think of it - if you have the time (and the inclination :) ) I'm intrigued, it looks fun

Could you install a Windows Virtual Machine and check it out? Likely depends on how much horsepower your Mac has
I will. Also I am now vacillating back and forth with the Tello. **** you youtube!!!

Regarding the virtual maching thing, I am running a very beefed up Mac 5k Retina with 32gb of ram and GB of video ram. I am also running parallels with windows 7. I wonder if that would work?

I will. Also I am now vacillating back and forth with the Tello. **** you youtube!!!

Ruh roh...

This may push you over the edge - Tello is easily programmable through several different means. The EDU app, and the Python language just to name two. I haven't gotten that far yet but working toward it.

There is also now a new version of the drone itself - Tello EDU - that goes even further..

Regarding the virtual maching thing, I am running a very beefed up Mac 5k Retina with 32gb of ram and GB of video ram. I am also running parallels with windows 7. I wonder if that would work?

Sounds like you have hardware aplenty, and Windows 7 Pro has been and always will be my favorite Win... go for it!

Thank you.
I will probably go with PJD1's recommendation of the Blade nano qx. The reviews are amazing for indoor practice. The tello is of course a way better drone, but still a bit big and loud for practice in small spaces. Also I thought about the DJI flight simulator whih looks amazing and the lite version is free, however sadly I am a mac person and do not own a PC.
They are about the same size. I got my Tello these propellers from banggood.com. Although they take off 1 minute of flight time! They make the flight quieter and the drone more maneuverable. To give you an idea. I’ve flown my Tello on 14 mph wind with these and held my position at 29.7m (97.4 ft) in the air.
20FE6249-8D92-4863-84E9-9B04E04E973F.jpeg

Reactions: Jgreg
I had the Blade Nano QX, I wasn't a fan, the Parrot Mambo and Tello are much more stable and better built IMHO.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic