range/battery

Reaction score
with an estimated time of 25 mins battery life what is a realistic time and range if you are to only deplete the battery to a 30% life. Seems 30% is what I'm seeing as to extend the battery to max life. Just wondering why people put range extender's on their units if your really limited to like a 15-20 min flight. Thanks

Not sure if you know but you posted this in the classifieds.

Battery life depends on so many variables, but it depends primarily on how hard the motors are working. On a calm day with no wind, I could fly 4 miles and back. On a very windy day when my motors are working extra hard to fight the wind, I might be able to go 2 miles... It all depends. You can however add additional batteries to extend your flight time.

The long distance guys will deplete their battery to 0% as needed and then throw the battery away if necessary to achieve their distance. They'll also install battery mods to add mAh.

Hope this helps.

with an estimated time of 25 mins battery life what is a realistic time and range if you are to only deplete the battery to a 30% life. Seems 30% is what I'm seeing as to extend the battery to max life. Just wondering why people put range extender's on their units if your really limited to like a 15-20 min flight. Thanks

You can go pretty far in 15-20 minutes. The range extender is so you can maintain your signal between AC and RC at the greater distances.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20