Railway viaduct over reservoir - Melbourne (P4P)

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen my drone-recovery video from April last year where I managed to lodge my drone in a tree on an island in the middle of a reservoir. At the time, I didn't get the footage I wanted to showcase the location, but the trauma of the experience put me off returning - until earlier this month.

The interesting topography, the railway bridge - with trains crossing, and the reflections on still water all combine to make compelling viewing... if I do say so myself. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
You can pat yourself on the shoulder. That was a nice video. The reflections and passing close to the train trestle was great. The timing of the trains worked well. Was the water high or do those trees really like water that much? My thing about watching videos, I love nature and the types of plants. Your world fascinates me.

Very nice!

Reactions: Pygar70
When I saw the trees, I immediately recalled some poor fellow recovering his drone. Great job on this video. The timing of the train crossings was perfect. Beautiful job! Welcome back!

You can pat yourself on the shoulder. That was a nice video. The reflections and passing close to the train trestle was great. The timing of the trains worked well. Was the water high or do those trees really like water that much? My thing about watching videos, I love nature and the types of plants. Your world fascinates me.
Thank you. Yes, those partially submerged trees are normally on dry land. Water levels fluctuate considerably, corresponding to our uneven annual rainfall and periodic droughts. The reservoir was at 97% capacity three weeks ago, when I was there, but has now already dropped to 87%.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
When I saw the trees, I immediately recalled some poor fellow recovering his drone. Great job on this video. The timing of the train crossings was perfect. Beautiful job! Welcome back!
Ha! Yes, I kept well clear of the trees on that island this time around. Thanks for the compliments.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers