questions about p3

Reaction score
hi guys.
for about 8 months i´ve been flying with a p2 + zenmuse + fpv settings and im loving it, however im ready to upgrade and planning to move to the p3 because of the camera (hero4 is wonderfull but im starting to hate the eyefish effect) but i have some questions and maybe you could help me.

1- is it possible to stream video (fpv) to a external monitor with a custom setup?
2- photos and video are stored on a sd card in the p3 or in the device (phone/tablet) attached to the p3?
3- are waypoints already available?
4- the device attached to the phantom (iphone, android, ipad, etc) must have a data plan or wifi or none?
5- the connection between the tx/rx is via wifi like the p2+ or on which band does it work?

im pretty sure this questions have already been answer but i cant find them, so a simple yes/no/5.8/etc will help me :)

thanks a lot!

hi guys.
for about 8 months i´ve been flying with a p2 + zenmuse + fpv settings and im loving it, however im ready to upgrade and planning to move to the p3 because of the camera (hero4 is wonderfull but im starting to hate the eyefish effect) but i have some questions and maybe you could help me.

1- is it possible to stream video (fpv) to a external monitor with a custom setup?
2- photos and video are stored on a sd card in the p3 or in the device (phone/tablet) attached to the p3?
3- are waypoints already available?
4- the device attached to the phantom (iphone, android, ipad, etc) must have a data plan or wifi or none?
5- the connection between the tx/rx is via wifi like the p2+ or on which band does it work?

im pretty sure this questions have already been answer but i cant find them, so a simple yes/no/5.8/etc will help me :)

thanks a lot!
1) Yes, using an nVidia Shield, or waiting for the HDMI breakout board coming very shortly.
2) SD Card, and a compressed version is cached on your device. (the cached version is heavily compressed and shouldn't be used for anything but previewing)
3) Not yet
4) Wifi at a minimum, or you'll never be able to see the map.
5) No. Device is connected via USB to the controller, which talks to the bird over 2.4Ghz Lightbridge.

thanks bbfpv
just what i needed!

+1 to all those answers.... and then I will say... you'll be blown away by how great the Phantom 3 is compared to the 2. :) I have had a lot of fun in my first weekend with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31