Problem updating firmware/activating goggles...

Reaction score
Just got a set of goggles for my P4, and tried to follow the prompts to update the firmware and activate the goggles using the DJI Assistant 2 app on my PC. The goggles do not update(or at least it appears that way since they will not allow me to move past the initial activation prompts and connect to my aircraft), and I cannot use them. Compatibility with the P4 is confirmed...but I am stumped at what to do at this point so I can fly FPV.
Current version on the DJI Assistant 2 app is V1.0.9.

I purchased the DJI Goggles along with the P4Pro Obsidian, this month and I too was unable to update the goggles. The Assistant did not even see the goggles to update. I contacted DJI and after several emails I was able to initiate a WMA and they are on their way back to be Repaired/Replaced, with no cost to me.. I am using an iMAC but I do not see that as any hinderance as far as updating.
DJi was very receptive to my problem.

The DJI Assistant app recognized the goggles, and it showed there was a firmware update needed. I performed the update but the goggles won't connect to the aircraft...DJI's support group is M-F
9-5 PST, so it's next Tuesday at the earliest before I can even try to troubleshoot. Seems like DJI has a lot of new-in-box failures...or at least I read about them often. These aren't the cheapest goggles, but I was willing to pay a premium for a plug-and-play product compatible to my P4. Just a little frustrated with the whole deal...I may just return them and go with another brand, depending on what the word is from their product support.

OK, messed around a bit and corrected the issue. I deleted the DJI Assistant 2 app and reloaded it, then activated the goggles. I had no problems and they are now activated, updated and functioning correctly.
I guess my old app was corrupted...but I am flying now and I the goggles are great.

It turns out the Issue was not with the goggles it was with the user. I was not waiting long enough on the second press of the "On" button. DJI did pay for shipping both ways, checked and updated the goggles for me and returned them in a reasonable time frame considering they are on the left coast. Now they work fine.. I just need to get bigger lenses for my reading glasses as my progressive lenses are insufficient for viewing . Those can be had at any local drug store of Amazon.
It's one short press and one long press to power up.
Thanks DJI
MrH

I use Litchi only but considering the DJI Goggles. However, I refuse to update the firmware for fear of further restrictions. If I activate the Goggles with DJI's site, can the firmware be downloaded without my approval?

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

The DJI Assistant app recognized the goggles, and it showed there was a firmware update needed. I performed the update but the goggles won't connect to the aircraft...DJI's support group is M-F
9-5 PST, so it's next Tuesday at the earliest before I can even try to troubleshoot. Seems like DJI has a lot of new-in-box failures...or at least I read about them often. These aren't the cheapest goggles, but I was willing to pay a premium for a plug-and-play product compatible to my P4. Just a little frustrated with the whole deal...I may just return them and go with another brand, depending on what the word is from their product support.

i bought dji goggles for my mavic pro platinum and my ph 4 standard and the goggles worked perfectly wirelessly with the mavic and wired with ph4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4