Potentially more drone laws for those in the USA...

Reaction score
Reactions: Cellblock776
I’d be keeping an eye on what the NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF COMMISSIONERS ON UNIFORM STATE LAWS are up to.....

Interesting view re the tort of trespass and other matters.

Hopefully it won’t go anywhere. The FAA probably shouldn’t need second guessing.

Don't count on US legislators doing the right thing here as there are interests that would love to prevent drone operators from overflying their property. Some years ago an environmental group, using a drone, captured footage of a rancher in Texas dumping waste into a river. The big time rancher called his 'in his pocket' politicians and demanded a law be enacted to prevent drones from flying over his property. Multiply that mindset by all the chemical plants and other industrial plants that spew waste into rivers and air across the country and you begin to get an idea of the financial and legislative clout these folks have. Of course, to hide their real reasons for such bans they'll pull out the "I don't want them spying on my teenage daughter sunning herself by the pool" trick.

Brian

Raptor,
There are also the laws to protect BigAg from the PETA types who are flying over large livestock farms and documenting animal cruelty and pollution issues. Large companies, like Tyson, are getting bills passed in several areas/states to forbid flights over farms to prevent this kind of stuff from being documented.

Reactions: Raptorman0909
Reactions: JSKCKNIT
We've been watching this since the beginning (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
).

I've also been part of the conference calls.

We have an update on the latest draft here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If this moves forward with the current language, it's not that bad. It actually adds some protection language

And by the way, this has nothing to do with the FAA.

This is strictly a tort (civil) issue about aerial trespass, not control of the NAS.

Reactions: Phil Tuggle
And by the way, this has nothing to do with the FAA.

This is strictly a tort (civil) issue about aerial trespass, not control of the NAS.

Thanks. I was hoping someone would chime in to make that clear.

Also, it is best to keep in mind that such offenses might require convincing evidence of "wrongdoing" on the part of the drone pilot. That most often requires someone to attest, "He/she KNEW BEFOREHAND they were risking [whatever] damage," or that they were clearly negligent.

Just 2¢ -- not practicing law here.

PS: WOW! @mossphotography -- Your photography shown on your website is World Class!

Last edited:
Thanks. I was hoping someone would chime in to make that clear.

Also, it is best to keep in mind that such offenses might require convincing evidence of "wrongdoing" on the part of the drone pilot. That most often requires someone to attest, "He/she KNEW BEFOREHAND they were risking [whatever] damage," or that they were clearly negligent.

Just 2¢ -- not practicing law here.

PS: WOW! @mossphotography -- Your photography shown on your website is World Class!

Make it clear?
It has been mentioned before this group has no authority.

It’s a busy-body think-tank.

They can draft all they want... it has no authority. None!

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Make it clear?

They may not have authority but they are working with the officials and politicians who do have the authority. They are lobbying to have their ideas turned into law which will impact all of us. These busy bodies have the ear of powerful people and we will all have to live with what they get pushed through.

Make it clear?

Actually,, the ULC is very influential in much the states and local legislative systems.

While they technically have no authority, when they pass as act, it is followed by the states almost to the letter. There are always those that don't, but they are few and far between.

Each state legislature sends someone (usually a State Senator or Representative) to the annual ULC meeting and that person helps craft and review the acts that are written.

The ULC is far from a "busy body think tank", and if you believe that you are sorely mistaken. Ignoring them and their work (of any of their current committees) would be a large mistake on your part. You need to watch them and pay attention to what they do.

They have power. Lots of power. Don't confuse lack of authority with lack of power or influence.

Reactions: Cellblock776
Ahh... Ignoring them a (large) ‘mistake’ on my part???

Just more fear-mongering.

Curious how many folks here had ever heard of them before this post?
Gotta be closer to 0 than a dozen.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic