Post-Repair Gimbal Problem- Yaw Motor?

Reaction score
Hello all. I purchased a P3P with a damaged gimbal assembly for cheap. I figured I'd take a shot at repairing it as only the yaw/roll arms and ribbon cable appear[ed] to be damaged.

Here is what's happening after repairing. The roll and tilt functions work as intended, but the camera is pointing off to the side and doing an odd jerk. The set screw is properly installed on the flat side of the yaw motor shaft. Do I need a new yaw motor, or is something else causing this? I tried a gimbal alignment (and IMU re-cal) without success.

Thanks!

Look like mine:

Maybe try to update the firmware.

After working for 1 week on the problem, i decide to send it to a repair shop.

I appreciate the help. However, it looks to me like it's a different issue than yours. My roll and pitch motors seem to work perfectly.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Did u put a new ribbon cable on it? If you did make sure all the ends of the cables are in their connector tight. You pretty much have to take the motor covers off to make sure they are all the way seated. Also, check the two wire cables that plug into the whole gimbal assembly. Sometimes during a crash the assembly will slam up against the bottom of the mount and pinch the cables. I have seen them that the insulation was cut up and wire was exposed. Possibly causing a short circuit.

Msinger might know he's given out advice on how to align them with some set screw

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Should of mentioned if you do an IMU calibration followed by a gimbal calibration that might be the fix after a hard landing.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks to me like you have either electronic or mechanical issues or both. If you don't feel you can handle the tedious job if DIY, send it in for repair. I attempted repair of my camera after a crash and ended up spending over half the cost of a new camera only to buy a new one in the end. I say tedious because it is tedious work and the parts are small. The ribbon cable alone can have a lot to do with the action of the camera as I found out. I bought one ribbon cable for roughly $10.00 and it fixed some things but not all. Then I bought another one for just over $50.00. It worked, but I still had mechanical problems. I learned a lot about the camera and gimbal of my P3A, but what I learned mostly was to send it in for repair and have it done right. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94