Possible Solution to Gimbal Yaw Adjustment- Discussion

Reaction score
Haven't tried the magnet re-positioning trick yet. Instead, I have been exploring the feasibility of reprogramming the MLX90316 (Rotary Position Sensor) which gets it's input from the magnet.

It would nice if DJI included a yaw adjustment in their DJI Go app but for whatever reason they have omitted this very needed feature. So in the mean time I hope to re-calibrate the hall sensor to point the camera/gimbal to straight ahead like it should be.

Reactions: Numone
Let's know your success.

I am hoping that other tech savvy forum users have contributing information on this idea.

You guys can calibrate the forward facing position (Yaw) of your camera by performing the gimbal calibration on a level surface while the P4 or P4P(Advanced) is facing upwards as show in the picture.. It will do a few more movements compared to the standard gimbal calibration.. It works trust me..

Attachments

• 233525eaejcqis8xnka44z (1).png
    233525eaejcqis8xnka44z (1).png
    241.2 KB · Views: 680
You guys can calibrate the forward facing position (Yaw) of your camera by performing the gimbal calibration on a level surface while the P4 or P4P(Advanced) is facing upwards as show in the picture.. It will do a few more movements compared to the standard gimbal calibration.. It works trust me..

Just to confirm, this procedure you described works on the Phantom 3 series?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl