Possible Firmware update issues 01.020602 ?

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced this? I was prompted to update firmware and went ahead and did it. There wasn't any release notes and I can't seem to find any either. 01.020602 is the version. I have not experienced any other issues with past updates but during this update, I got "Cannot use this device". Prior to the update, right when I was prompted, I got "Critically low voltage warning land as soon as possible or battery will be damaged". I wasn't even flying, just sitting in my hotel room messing with settings, my battery was even at 66%.

Note: The firmware did finally update and I did successfully fly afterward. I did not experience any issues during flight.

If anyone knows what is in this firmware release please share.

73e33a8e6822234ad32948c65fc27990.jpg
2fea03c055b80ceb2d059e23eea7af08.jpg
e9e850658c5d0bb982c7d35ac90f2510.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Don't forget if you have extra batteries that you have to update each one individually......(the first one updates along with the P4 update).

I realized that today. When I bought my 2 additional batteries I didn't update them but I have flown with them the last week or so with now issues. Is it odd that I was never prompted to update the additional batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had same issue. Although didn't have the battery error you describe. It happened 3 times right towards the end of the update. However it did complete successfully.
After the first update I then went to update second battery. And the app had some strange values in the percentage. Kept going to 999% quite a few times. But it did complete ok. Have yet to fly as weather here is terrible at the moment.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I was prompted to update firmware and went ahead and did it. There wasn't any release notes and I can't seem to find any either. 01.020602 is the version. I have not experienced any other issues with past updates but during this update, I got "Cannot use this device". Prior to the update, right when I was prompted, I got "Critically low voltage warning land as soon as possible or battery will be damaged". I wasn't even flying, just sitting in my hotel room messing with settings, my battery was even at 66%.

Note: The firmware did finally update and I did successfully fly afterward. I did not experience any issues during flight.

Yes, I had that Battery warning when I did the update. I looked at the Battery during the Update and it was flashing all sorts of odd things. I just assumed that the warning was due to the Battery Firmware being updated. Everything worked fine after the update finished.

I just got done flying all 3 of my batteries, they were all charged fully and my flight times were significantly lower, not sure if it has anything to do with this update. The wind was almost non existent, probably the calmest I have ever flown in so I was expecting to get more time. I did go into sport mode for a few minutes here and there but the durations would be comparable to any other flights I have done.

I had a total of 47 min between the 3 batteries, they were all left around 10%.

a59684301ff1faddfb8721118b2f03a5.jpg

The Critical Warning is Normal, the Battery Firmware was updated, just shuit off after update and re-start Battery

Reactions: daytona125
Also forgot to mention that my video feed was very downgraded to my iPad Pro after this update. The area I was in didn't have any significant interference either.

Hello, after updating to Firmware Version:

and updating all my batteries. my known good battery now has battery error and this battery is at 100% charged and all cells even.

This was a good battery now it's not usable.

Any help on recovering this battery?

Best regards,
Steve

I experienced pretty much the same as you when I went to use a new battery at the same time as the update happened. I had already flown with another battery without problems a few minutes before and wondered what was happening. I reseated the new battery and finally everything looked normal. I flew with that battery without problems but after landing the mp4 video that I made and another that I made the day before doesn't work. It starts but stops within a minute. If your battery still doesn't work I'd try running the update again. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.