Poor little bird, all dressed up for surgery?

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Was reading Ian's thread about cracks, so did a look over mine. P4 Had a shaky take off yesterday. Found the problem but it gets worse. A bad motor, barks like a puppy in distress. No wonder my 4Pro, in air at the same time, was so much quieter. Gets worse. Just finished Wetsuit install! Crap. Gonna puke. Gotta go buy goofoff. Hey Ian, spin your motors by hand fast. Should be very quiet. See ya.

Was reading Ian's thread about cracks, so did a look over mine. P4 Had a shaky take off yesterday. Found the problem but it gets worse. A bad motor, barks like a puppy in distress. No wonder my 4Pro, in air at the same time, was so much quieter. Gets worse. Just finished Wetsuit install! Crap. Gonna puke. Gotta go buy goofoff. Hey Ian, spin your motors by hand fast. Should be very quiet. See ya.
I possibly might have found a reason but unsure if enough to do this,,thesc go on top of motor,I did notice spinning by hand i put on bit crooked,,it turn I think this could throw motor off balance even though they very light in weight,,works like a lead balance on a car wheel to make it balanced mayby I put this balance out by having it bit off set just a fraction,,they do sit snug around prop clips but I think I got bit offset,,,,,could this cause a balance motor issue,going to put my spare one on straight ,,,I presume it be like flying with unbalanced prop,,it's not a fault with the wetsuit part it just needs to be on perfect,,,,,hey sorry to for your misfortune
15616663460061093532131.jpg

Ordered CW motor from amazon, get it Sun. Let the fun begin. GoofOff and tough paper towels. Got all the tools I'll ever need. Watched the videos, looks like a fun project (Not). Note: NEVER sell your backup drone! Not even to get a washer for the wife! I lost, don't like hand washing clothes but do like sex. Nuff said.

I possibly might have found a reason but unsure if enough to do this,,thesc go on top of motor,I did notice spinning by hand i put on bit crooked,,it turn I think this could throw motor off balance even though they very light in weight,,works like a lead balance on a car wheel to make it balanced mayby I put this balance out by having it bit off set just a fraction,,they do sit snug around prop clips but I think I got bit offset,,,,,could this cause a balance motor issue,going to put my spare one on straight ,,,I presume it be like flying with unbalanced prop,,it's not a fault with the wetsuit part it just needs to be on perfect,,,,,hey sorry to for your misfortune View attachment 112366
I wondered that too. The bad (loud) motor had the prop seal on straight but heard even a label on the motor will off balance. Oh well. The start up motor sound test is normal and no warnings on the screen. Might fly it until new motor. Also have my pro but no fun without my dressed up little workhorse p4. Hate to cut the suit. Sick

Forgot. Prop seal might have saved my bird if installed sooner. Just blew a little beach sand out of bad motor. Dang haven't been back to the beach since putting on the suit. That's what I bought it to prevent, just too late. I hand catch but you can't keep all sand away it's just not possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel