Point Of Interest (POI)

Just wondered under what restrictions you had if they were simular to mine. You know LOS, 400 ft high, not over people or structures etc. have to have an FAA exemption and be a licensed pilot. But yours is freer in Europe.

well I'm in Portugal. They are still working on legislation for drones here. Other countries in Europe do have it already.
But even without legislation we should all behave and use common sense. Of course there are always people who are going to ruin it for everyone else sooner or later :S
I did help on the search for a missing kid in the water last month. The coast guard has very happy for the help.
Maybe with some more actions like these, the public opinion swivels for drones

litchi and a few other apps have POI... But it crap. Its not a steady motion, you see a lot of corrections during the movement, and I can't use that kind of footage. The best way is to train it by hand.
The best way I can do it is, keeping the right hand stick fixed slightly turning, and compensating only with the left hand yawn.
It takes a lot of practice, but after some time, it works perfectly.

Yep. I wouldn't describe it so critically as the app is such good value, but the circling it produces may not be very steady as it is driven from the app throughout rather than the Phantom doing it itself. One tip though - let it do a couple of circuits before you start filming - it seems to improve it's accuracy. Manual is better once well practised. Good tip on holding the right stick steady and compensating with the left. Alternatively, the opposite also works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20