Pix4D Issue

Reaction score
I flew 3 missions last weekend without any issues. Today I was flying again the same way. Fly the DJI GO App to the location and then switch to your App. Everything was working fine but I could not get a Homeport......Can't figure out why, it would not let me fly the mission. I got home point in the DJI App but for what ever reason could not get your App to work. I tried 5 times, from shutting down to take off until I gave up. Any ideas?

Just and FYI for anyone interested. I got this reply back. I did not know about the override. I was about 300 meters away from my home point when trying to fly the grid. I know better for next time.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

The maximum distance from the center of the grid to the home point is set to 150 m on both Android and iOS. The home point is actually where the drone is turned on and acquired the GPS signal the first time. This distance is mainly for security reasons, to prevent an accidental launch of a mission when the grid is too far away and it is also limited to prevent connectivity losses. However, this can be discarded.
- Android: Go to Home screen > Settings > section Advanced > check Enable advanced mode.
- iOS: Go to Home screen > Grid Mission > Settings icon > set the option Ignore home point to Yes.

Besides the home point distance limitation, there is also a safety lock that prevents the drone from starting if its current location is further than 250 m away from the center of the grid. The current location is either on the ground or in the air hovering (e.g. the drone starts a second mission right after the first without coming back to the user).
To bypass this limitation, the user has to take off manually and fly the drone closer to the grid before tapping the green button to initiate the flight (in the takeoff checklist).

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Julie Pichon
Technical Support Engineer
Pix4D SA
EPFL Innovation Park - F
1015 Lausanne - Switzerland
www.pix4d.com

Just and FYI for anyone interested. I got this reply back. I did not know about the override. I was about 300 meters away from my home point when trying to fly the grid. I know better for next time.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

The maximum distance from the center of the grid to the home point is set to 150 m on both Android and iOS. The home point is actually where the drone is turned on and acquired the GPS signal the first time. This distance is mainly for security reasons, to prevent an accidental launch of a mission when the grid is too far away and it is also limited to prevent connectivity losses. However, this can be discarded.
- Android: Go to Home screen > Settings > section Advanced > check Enable advanced mode.
- iOS: Go to Home screen > Grid Mission > Settings icon > set the option Ignore home point to Yes.

Besides the home point distance limitation, there is also a safety lock that prevents the drone from starting if its current location is further than 250 m away from the center of the grid. The current location is either on the ground or in the air hovering (e.g. the drone starts a second mission right after the first without coming back to the user).
To bypass this limitation, the user has to take off manually and fly the drone closer to the grid before tapping the green button to initiate the flight (in the takeoff checklist).

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Julie Pichon
Technical Support Engineer
Pix4D SA
EPFL Innovation Park - F
1015 Lausanne - Switzerland
www.pix4d.com

Great information! Thank you for posting this

Reactions: AyeYo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads