pix4d GCP or geotag or manual tie points accuracy and time/results

Reaction score
hey guys

what's the best and fastest way to run? with pix4d

geotag and manual tie points are not bad option i thought. if i don't want to do any ground work

manually pick the same point as a tie point and run with 3d GCP.

or do actual ground work on the ground to put some GCP and survey them.

which method is better and fast. for me i don't like ground work....

let me know you comments

Well, you get what you put in. Your accuracies will always be better by ground truthing your work. If you're looking to keep a high end client or need data that may be usable in court for example then you're going to need to do the ground work. Look into Aero Points! they are relatively easy to set up and use. All of this matters of course on what you're trying to create. It would be far easier to explain or comment on a specific mission and output. Sean is our mapping expert.

Best of luck

Brett

Well, you get what you put in. Your accuracies will always be better by ground truthing your work. If you're looking to keep a high end client or need data that may be usable in court for example then you're going to need to do the ground work. Look into Aero Points! they are relatively easy to set up and use. All of this matters of course on what you're trying to create. It would be far easier to explain or comment on a specific mission and output. Sean is our mapping expert.

Best of luck

Brett

Thank you for your comment and i do agree i have done consistent ground work for GCP and i was just wondering if anyone actually compared and try to develop some other ways to do it which is not common way.. if it's gonna be too confidential i won't ask too much details but i just wanted to get an idea from experienced users. high client what sort of aspects are you looking for and what accuracy of the data you achieve. i'm not trying to create too many things unless it's helpful to make my life easier rather than what i'm doing now. you can have an example based on what you have done in the past, it does not need to be exact to think or explain. i just wanted to hear some different experience people who found a fast way. missions change all the time and output also changes too. there is no right and wrong answers here. but i do want to collect data fast and not to any ground work and also provide high accurate data by optimize the quality.

Cheers,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20