Photographic

Reaction score
I have just purchased a PS4. I am new to drones but have a Photographic background. I note from lots of postings that drones are lost from going too far away or too high. I want my drone for filming and find I get the best shots 10' from the ground, perhaps up to 30' Why do people want to go to 400' pictures are rubbish at that height. I agree with the laws that drones should be flown within sight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You purchased a what?

I think height depends somewhat on your environment. I see flying high as a courtesy. People are very sensitive about spying, snooping, privacy, etc. So that may be why a lot of pilots like to fly at least 200 feet up.

I note from lots of postings that drones are lost from going too far away or too high.
Height or distance out is not what causes lost Phantoms.
Failing to understand how the Phantom works and how to use it does.
I want my drone for filming and find I get the best shots 10' from the ground, perhaps up to 30'
Why do people want to go to 400' pictures are rubbish at that height.
Perhaps because not everyone flies where you do or photographs the same things.
The height a photo is taken from does not determine whether the image will be rubbish or not.
It's equally possible to take rubbish photos as well as very good ones at any altitude.

Last edited:
Each to their own!
Some dont see a point driving fast other enjoy it!!

I could never see me trying to fly my P4pro 8+ miles away, other enjoy trying!! Im still new & nervous taking it more than 20 or 30m high, out of sight ummmm maybe not lol

Everyone is different, so its not worth hitting/ attacking someone opening up a debate to knows others views!

Reactions: DoubleV
Each to their own!
Some dont see a point driving fast other enjoy it!!

I could never see me trying to fly my P4pro 8+ miles away, other enjoy trying!! Im still new & nervous taking it more than 20 or 30m high, out of sight ummmm maybe not lol

Everyone is different, so its not worth hitting/ attacking someone opening up a debate to knows others views!

Heh, yep, were all different that's for sure. Personally I couldn't fathom flying my Phantom just within LOS.:)

I have just purchased a PS4. I am new to drones but have a Photographic background. I note from lots of postings that drones are lost from going too far away or too high. I want my drone for filming and find I get the best shots 10' from the ground, perhaps up to 30' Why do people want to go to 400' pictures are rubbish at that height. I agree with the laws that drones should be flown within sight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
With your photographic background, you must be familiar with the fact that with a fixed focal length lens you have to get farther away to get your entire subject into the shot. I photograph golf courses and properties that often require me to be at about 350 feet to cover the desired area, especially straight down shots. However, you are right, so many situations make better photos from 10-50 feet. Not many Phantom Pilots are working photographers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72