Phantom Vision 2 plus will not show video

Reaction score
I haven't flown my phantom 2 in some time, last time I flown it everything worked. I charged up all the batteries and powered then calibrated the system, lights all good. Vision shows all the connections except the video feed. I checked for updates and reset the software on my phone and calibrated the extender but like others all is see is the dial spinning in the middle of the screen. Did DJI do something to make these drones obsolete?

Unfortunately, with the phantom 2 vision + after it sits for a while the Wi-Fi modules go bad. The bottom board fails to communicate with the aircraft. Have you done a ping test? That will tell you if your Wi-Fi is bad. One other thing you might try. Leave the controller on and the Wi-Fi extender on. Turn the aircraft off then on again. Sometimes recycling the aircraft will help. Make sure your Wi-Fi is connected to the right network. If you’re getting telemetry, but no video feed then more than likely your bottom board has failed. You have two options if this is the case. You can buy a new Wi-Fi module, or you could have it re-flashed. Do a ping test. Then go from there. Good luck.

Hi there. You mentioned doing a ping test or getting the module re-flashed. Could you give me some info on how to do this? I just joined the forum today trying to find a solution to the black screen problem. I can take photos and video and access them through the album section in the app. As the Bluetooth was switched off I assumed that this meant that the camera was working and the drone was communicating with the wifi. That led me to believe it was possibly a software issue but it did the same when I tried Flight Plan P2 app. Any help would be really appreciated.

P4, I just went through the same thing you're experiencing. I had to re-flash my bottom board in the Wi-Fi module. If you can turn everything on and attach you PC/laptop to the P2 wifi, Then open a DOS prompt and ping 192.168.1.1, then 192.168.1.2 and finally 192.168.1.10. If the 1.10 doesn't respond, you need to flash the bottom board like I just did yesterday and it worked.

No, but apparently Cliff, if you don't use them in a while the module goes bad and has to be re-flashed.

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
3. Right click on start and select command prompt (windows 8)
4. ping 192.168.1.2 If ping successful, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok).
5. ping 192.168.1.1If ping successful, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
6. ping 192.168.1.10
If ping successful, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

Don’t forget to put a space between the ping and the 192.168.1.10. It should look like this. ping 192.168.1.10, then hit the enter key! I would put a small fan on the aircraft while preforming the test to keep the WiFi cool. Good luck..

Hi there. Thanks for getting back to me. I tried the ping test and all is well except for the bottom board. How do I go about re-flashing it? Is it a straight forward job? Many thanks for your help so far.

I've done the flash, but ...
It's fun as long as it lasted :-(
Coupled fins with picture 3 times.
Then there was little trouble that the camera could not be connected.
And then quit completely.
Also, you can not take a photo with the button on the camera itself, so there must be something with this.
does someone have any tips to test for this?

I've done the flash, but ...
It's fun as long as it lasted :-(
Coupled fins with picture 3 times.
Then there was little trouble that the camera could not be connected.
And then quit completely.
Also, you can not take a photo with the button on the camera itself, so there must be something with this.
does someone have any tips to test for this?

Update. Testit with an older mobil.
And the first test work.
Shut down everything and restart.
No vids :-(

What to do?

Ebay. search for this seller. okstuv. He fixed mine. Highly recommend. Was recommended to me from a member here. Please be sure to let the forum know how you get it fixed!
Merry Christmas!

Ebay. search for this seller. okstuv. He fixed mine. Highly recommend. Was recommended to me from a member here. Please be sure to let the forum know how you get it fixed!
Merry Christmas!

okstuv is a great resource to all of us. Provided me with extensive information and advice on my phantom vision ! I wish I had talked with him before my purchase, but he helped me get it flying with a working camera!

Good morning, today I turn on the drone after a long time....and...No video on tablet :(
I will do the suggested tests, to reprogram what exactly is needed?
Thanks!

6. ping 192.168.1.10
My situation!
Is the flash procedure easy and possible?

6. ping 192.168.1.10
My situation!
Is the flash procedure easy and possible?

always worth trying

Hi there: I encounter the standard problem: no cameraview on my tablet for the Phantom vison 2 (non +). I would like to contact you on repair possibilities, but the link in your response doesn't work (anymore)?
hi

email me at [email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4