Phantom recovery mid free fall

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of posts of people wondering if it's possible for a mid free fall recovery after an intentional (or accidental) CSC. I've wondered this myself but like others I am not ready to give it a try with my brand new shiny toy. So I've created a gofundme account and if I raise enough money I will purchase one and film my attempt.

My plan is to bring it up to a decent hight above an empty field and film the event using my phantom 3 and a few ground cameras to capture it at multiple angles. It'd be interesting if it works! I'll post all the videos here for the world to see.

So follow this link and let's make this happen!

'Dji Phantom freefall recovery experiment' http://dm2.gofund.me/zfe3b8zw

Some new guy made one of these too...rofl...no.

This gofundme nonsense is ridiculous....saw one where a girl was trying to fund an abortion...wth is wrong with people these days...smh

Reactions: Marlin009
I don't think I would be interested in sending money to see someone crashing a PHANTOM. YouTube is full of videos and it's free.

Why not use the included Flight Simulator?

Reactions: 2k3sgm
I'm not trying to make thousands of dollars off off a turkey salad one guy did on gofundme. Just trying to fullfill peoples' curiosity without having to spend my own money. People have spent their money on more ridiculous things.

Even at $1 per person which would still take 1200 to pull off your idea. I wouldn't pay a red cent but I'm sure there are people out there that would.

good luck.

Just curious, why $1200? Why not $999 for a P3A?

we'll if he pulls it off... he's got a free P3P... not bad...

I think it's funny to see some of the comments on this thread though "why would I do this?" Go fundme is ridiculous.... thump thump thump, yip yip yip, loud noises.... who cares? If you don't want to contribute don't, but I hold nothing against a guy trying something for fun and experimental reasons if he gets funded. Good lord - look at how much people pay every 4th of July to literally watch things blow up. lighten up francis

Good luck man... the only advice I'd give you is... do some research about the minimum amount of time you can go from motors stopped to motors go and figure out how high you'd have to be in theory (I know someone mentions the sim needs to be at 750 ft... wouldn't surprise me if that is close).

I'm not against it at all, i've been wondering if it's possible also. I was just curious why a pro was necessary.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj