Phantom models? What is happening?

Phantom 4 is still in the Dji store here in France

Well, with new products getting out every year or two, I'm not surprised that they decide to discontinue some models.

Of course, some people would love to get infinite dropping prices, but that can't be the case because I figure building a phantom still cost a few hundred bucks.
If they don't discontinue some models, they would soon be facing a big problem where they can't drop prices anymore, and newer models would come to have a similar price of older models.
So older models wouldn't sell so good anymore !

Phantom 4 is still in the Dji store here in France
They just annouced that they will stop production, but I think there's still a few thousands in stock all over the world !
My guess is that we will still see those discontinued models in shops for a few months.

This thread might get closed for duplication because there's already at least three threads on this subject on the forum. But here's my take on it. I agree with post #3, as there was too much overlap within their line up. Now let's see if they keep the Standard as their entry-level model. Because if they eliminate that one also then I think they're trying to get away from the entry level consumer market completely.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Rumours have it that Apple is poised for a takeover/purchase of DJI.

Well, those rumors go back to mid 2016 and are not much more than a few dudes thinking about similarities between the two brands..
I really hope they won't do that tho.

Well, with new products getting out every year or two, I'm not surprised that they decide to discontinue some models.

Of course, some people would love to get infinite dropping prices, but that can't be the case because I figure building a phantom still cost a few hundred bucks.
If they don't discontinue some models, they would soon be facing a big problem where they can't drop prices anymore, and newer models would come to have a similar price of older models.
So older models wouldn't sell so good anymore !

They just annouced that they will stop production, but I think there's still a few thousands in stock all over the world !
My guess is that we will still see those discontinued models in shops for a few months.
Hope you're right about them still being in the marketplace a few months from now. Currently have a p3s and really want to upgrade this summer to an advanced or pro model. Would not consider used, possibly refurbished from DJI, but preferably new in the box.

Hope you're right about them still being in the marketplace a few months from now. Currently have a p3s and really want to upgrade this summer to an advanced or pro model. Would not consider used, possibly refurbished from DJI, but preferably new in the box.

Well, if you'r looking for a p3p, most likely there will still be some of them in the shelves, as it seems that most people are buying the latest ones, such as p4 or p4p.
But if they don't, we might also see price drop for some of the newer models as the Mavic or p4p.

don't fear the refurb
great way to upgrade/spare parts etc.

bought 6 over almost 3 yrs from B&H
all were tip top and fly perfect
still have and use the last one from over a year ago, p3p

good luck and have fun flying

I appreciate too refurbs, because the centraI idea of refurbs sale is to receive from customers a trust feeling that the refurbished unit is identicallly in performance and aesthetics as a new one. Thus, refurbs pass through all quality checkings, even more tougher than those from the normal production chain. If you have such an opportunity, go for refurbs, WilliamM ! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic