Phantom for auto parts Delivery in Northern Virginia?

"Carquest...I need 4 rotors and sets of pads for a 2002 F-150 Lariat delivered by Quad right away!"

That part he pulled from the box...you saw how heavy it was? That part was NOT in the box the Phantom was carrying. The Phantom was likely hauling an empty box. I think this will only work if the parts are for RC cars... ;)

there is no way that phantom carried which appeared to be pretty heavy. I could be wrong but it was certainly heavier than the phantom that lacks suitable power to lift 3 or 4 times its weight. The drones that even amazon are testing are much larger.

:) Not anytime soon, but someday...

The concept of a drone delivering parts is plausible. I think they are showing the Phantom for example purposes.

Of course, it will require a beefier drone to carry packages. But I think a key feature that is missing today is collision avoidance technology. Today, our drones are dumb. They either require us to maneuver them line of sight or FPV. But in RTH mode, the drone will simply fly into trees, buildings, power lines, etc if those objects are in the return home path. The only way you can safely negotiate variable settings for commercial use, i.e. delivering packages, is for the drone to have awareness intelligence. My guess is that this technology is not far away (you're starting to see it in higher end cars) and will not only change our hobby greatly, but make commercial delivery applications possible. Image your Phantom having the ability to automatically take over the controls to steer the craft around an immanent building impact. Or automatically avoid a curious child that interferes with the delivery process. Can't wait for... 'one day.'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing