Phantom 4 vs. Phantom 4 Pro propeller mounts

Reaction score
Hey folks,

New user to a phantom 4, however been flying drones for 10 years.

Bought a second hand phantom 4 from someone who just had it as a backup... I am reading posts about the propeller mounts being weaker on them than the Pro mounts.. So I went and bought a set of pro mounts. The only real difference I can see is that the regular mounts use a 3 tab spring setup and the pro mount uses a coil spring... Is that basically the only difference in a nutshell? Or am I missing something else?

TIA

You are correct. The problem with the P4 mount is just that. The little 3 finger plate fails over time from lack of tension. The coil spring provides better tension.

Reactions: Capt KO
You are correct. The problem with the P4 mount is just that. The little 3 finger plate fails over time from lack of tension. The coil spring provides better tension.
Thank you! Definitely a big noticeable improvement in tension

Thank you! Definitely a big noticeable improvement in tension
I upgraded my P4 to the pro prop mounts a couple of years ago. The spring tension is dramatically improved by the new coil spring. The replacement plastic bayonet mounts included in the kit also help fit and stability. I also noticed that the prop noise changed and sounded quieter and less fluttery.

I would highly recommend any P4 owner that still has the original prop mounts to carry out this simple and cheap upgrade. It is just a matter of undoing 3 screws on each motor. Don't risk losing your P4 due to a prop coming adrift.

All the best, Martin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20