Phantom 4 Ribbon cable swap - micro connector clamping bar came off ...

Reaction score
so .... not sure if it is broken or if will slide back into place - it is the tiny black clamping bar that goes across one of the duel-ended connectors that connects in the compartment above the camera .... or if this happened to someone else and there is a viable hack ... before ordering a new board? Suggestions, advice, and inevitable experienced welcomed ....

The tiny bumps on the clamp ends hold it in place. You can feel them but they are hard to even see. It will go back in if the base is not damaged. Look at another to make sure it goes in exactly like original. You may have to gently spread the base (holder) to reinsert the clamp. I’ve done a few successfully. Otherwise it’s replace the board.
PS, there is no alternative that will work believe me I have tried

Reactions: PeakXV
I have had a lot of experience with this problem. You have to be very careful with the white tabs that hold the black locking bar. They break very easy. If one side is cracked, I use a dab of 5 second glue to hold the edge so it won't break off. If the bumps on the end of the black locking bar are gone I may have a bar. I keep all the old boards just in case I need a bar. I can provide photos of this.
I always put the bar in with it tipped up in the unlocked position and I use a pair of needle nose pliers that are very small.

Reactions: PeakXV and Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj