phantom 4 pro or dji mavic pro 2

I've been flying a Phantom 4 Pro for four years. It's hard to beat. During that time, I also had a Mavic Pro 2 that I used as backup on a long term construction inspection job. There are good points for both. The picture quality and stability in the wind of the P4P is excellent. The portability of the MP2 was the best. When the construction job ended, I sold the MP2. Now looking forward to the MP3 and planning to buy when it's released.
I think the thing that keeps me from enjoying the 'portability' of a Mavic drone is my ego. My Phantom 4 Pro v2 is a crowd pleaser without fail whereas the Mavics all look like one of those $39 toys you buy at WalMart. Obeying the rules and keeping your drone in VLOS means your new Mavic range limit is 200' up or out. I'd get mighty bored with that in a hurry. If you don't know whether bigger is better, just ask your wife...

What is the best Phantom 4 pro or Mavic pro 2..the last one have a Hasselblad lens...both 1 inch sensor and 20 megapixels
I was considering one of those 20MP jobs until I asked myself "why?" I can see photo and video detail as clearly as I need with my 4K. If I want more detail, I use Topaz. If I were doing commercial work or search & rescue, I'd reconsider, but I just fly for fun. Besides, a 20MP video would likely be huge and the difference only detectible in a zoom close-up.

I use both but lately, I use the Air 2s more than either. I mainly do still shots and maybe just me, but the Air 2s images seem to be sharper than the P4Pv2 or the Mavic 2 Pro. Also, it's lighter than both. I have 6-8 batteries for each and trust me the P4P with 8 batteries gets pretty heavy LOL

I think its great that there is no one answer to this question. I have a P4P and a M2P (also a V2 and a M2Z, all 4 have a good reason to exist). IMHO, the P4P has two advantages especially for ortho mapping. 1- it has the mechanical shutter to stop/minimize distortion, and 2- has a wider field of view, so it takes fewer photos and less time to cover a specific area.
The M2P is more portable, and has the better Ocusync 2.0 (the P4P V2 also has Ocusync 2.0)
As to photo quality, I have heard P4P is better, M2P is better, and it's a draw. I think it is a matter of personal taste as to color rendition of the two lenses and sensors, all 4 drones have remarkable photo quality.
Both (not the M2Z) have variable apertures which I consider (as a photographer) to be absolutely critical.

They are both good drones.
There is no clear advantage photographically for either one.

btw .. it's not the lens that's Hasselblad, they provided the colour science for the camera.
FWIW... DJI bought Hasselblad a while ago. DJI can slap the Hasselblad brand on anything they want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20