Phantom 4 pro hyper lapse

Reaction score
I trying to make a time lapse video of traffic and I was at 100ft agl. The video is good but the building appears to be jumping up and down...lol. I was wondering what video settings yall use for this type of video? I think I was using 60fps. Thanks for any advice you can give. This is a daytime video. I use Adobe Premier elements 2018 for the editing.

I trying to make a time lapse video of traffic and I was at 100ft agl. The video is good but the building appears to be jumping up and down...lol. I was wondering what video settings yall use for this type of video? I think I was using 60fps. Thanks for any advice you can give. This is a daytime video. I use Adobe Premier elements 2018 for the editing.
I've seen a side by side comparison of two time lapse videos, one from the standard P4P, and one from the V2, and because of the new props and motors on the V2 it's significantly more stable than the standard P4P. The standard P4P is pretty stable itself, but in a time lapse, you notice the bobbing and weaving. The P4P seems to hold steadier the higher it is off the ground, or overe water.

No matter which drone you use you will need to stabilize it in post. I use DaVinci Resolve 14 to do it. I typically fly using Litchi at 2mph taking photos every 2 seconds. At 30fps this gives you 1 second of video for every minute of flight. I've done them with my P4P V1.0, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and Inspire 1 Pro, all require some stabilization. I highly recommend using Litchi for this as you can set a POI starting and ending points and your speed. You are then completely hands free with no chance to mess it up by pressing a stick. Here is an example I did of pre-planning my hyperlapses prior to flying them using Litchi Mission Hub exporting it to VLM (Virtual Litchi Mission) which imports it into Google Earth. This was using the Mavic Air:

And here is another Hyperlapse using the Mavic Pro (this one still needs some additional stabilization):

Reactions: Ripper7620

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl