Phantom 4 GL300C battery not charging problem - SOLUTION!

Reaction score
Well, bought a Phanjtom 4 off eBay advertised as 'perfect' and whilst cosmetically it most certainly was unblemished, the remote control when powered up immediately flashed red LED and beeped continuously copmplaining of low voltage. Tried recharging, got the fisrt LED solid second LED flashing scenario.
Contacted seller who to be honest couldn't give a toss, shame really, first eBayer I've met with an atitude like that.
Searched about and decided it was either the Gas Gauge IC or associated circuitry that needed re-flowing or replacing, and as I don't have any surface mount equipment decided to get it repaired. There are a few businesses advertising on line offering GL300C repairs but I plumped for AB Repair (www.phantomrepair.co.uk/) who's site stated -

Phantom Repair UK - About us

Drone Repair UK is a part of AB Repair that is dedicated in Drone repair. Our drone techs have been trained in repairing drones and have been reparing drones since 2013.

AB Repairs main tech Scott who was a DJI authorized repairer for Heliguys and their main tech has built and repaired all types of drones and has fixed over 500 DJI Phantoms himself. He has also built Pro drones such as the Freefly Cinestar HL8, DJI S1000 used in TV shows for the BBC, Ch4, Racetech, Game of Thrones and movies such as Star Wars and more

Scott also has certificates in BS 7671 (17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations), AM2 Certificate of electrotechnical occupational competence, Level 3 Certificatein electrotechnical techology installation (Buildings and structures) and many more.

Honestly couldn't be more pleased with every aspect of dealing with them - first class customer service, absolutely incredibly fast turn round, excellent communications.

Sixty pound all in and they had it back to me the day after they received it!

I love to tell people when I find a really excellent service - and AB Repair (www.phantomrepair.co.uk) and Scott really are excellent!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1