Phantom 4 Advanced won't fly straight

Reaction score
Hello pilots! Of course, I ran into a problem with my P4A. The other day I noticed that the drone would not fly straight and flies towards the right. I noticed this when I was trying to film a straight path at the beach. I brushed it off and then noticed it again when I was trying to film a shot that had the drone fly down the middle of the street. What I have done so far is:

1. Cold IMU Calalibration surface
2. Calibrate Gimbal
3. Calibrate RC sticks
4. Cablibrate compass
5. DJI Assistant 2 Calibration
6. Applied all updates to drone and RC

Yes, I have made sure that the stick is all the way up when using the throttle to go forward. I verified this in the DJI go app ( it says I was using the throttle 100% straight as shown in the pictures attached on the first picture, the second shows when I was trying to counter steer it). It seems be that the only fix I have for this is to fight the drone and try to steer to the left, but that always messes up the shot.

Do you guys recommend anything to remedy this issue? Any suggestions so I can get my bird to fly straight? I prefer not to send it in since this is my second P4A, unless its my last resort. The first had a bad jello effect when recording. Please let me know, Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0051.PNG
    IMG_0051.PNG
    7.3 MB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0052.PNG
    IMG_0052.PNG
    7.3 MB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Hello pilots! Of course, I ran into a problem with my P4A. The other day I noticed that the drone would not fly straight and flies towards the right. I noticed this when I was trying to film a straight path at the beach. I brushed it off and then noticed it again when I was trying to film a shot that had the drone fly down the middle of the street. What I have done so far is:

1. Cold IMU Calalibration surface
2. Calibrate Gimbal
3. Calibrate RC sticks
4. Cablibrate compass
5. DJI Assistant 2 Calibration
6. Applied all updates to drone and RC

Yes, I have made sure that the stick is all the way up when using the throttle to go forward. I verified this in the DJI go app ( it says I was using the throttle 100% straight as shown in the pictures attached on the first picture, the second shows when I was trying to counter steer it). It seems be that the only fix I have for this is to fight the drone and try to steer to the left, but that always messes up the shot.

Do you guys recommend anything to remedy this issue? Any suggestions so I can get my bird to fly straight? I prefer not to send it in since this is my second P4A, unless its my last resort. The first had a bad jello effect when recording. Please let me know, Thanks!
Um stared at pics for ages thinkin but could only think of playing with your advance settings where you got EXP-sensitivity-gain-pitch-roll-yaw and vertical , might be able to adjust here(trim it up)

Last edited by a moderator:
Um stared at pics for ages thinkin but could only think of playing with your advance settings where you got EXP-sensitivity-gain-pitch-roll-yaw and vertical , might be able to adjust here(trim it up)
I was wondering if there was something like that. Will check it out. Thanks!

I looked at this and there was nothing of trimming :/ just sensitivity options

Ok sorry i thought they might have been able adjust like trimming it up to fly straight,not a actual trim setting ,my bad wording,now you got me thinking

This my android old 4.1.3 ,
1507331519423-1649994645.jpg
1507331607957-2109685131.jpg
1507331707770-1023814462.jpg
on mine under gain it does say only advanced users should modifie these settings and make change with extreme caution, !!!dumb question did you try some other props

Yeah all those are just options for sensitivity from the rc. And no, but I will give it a shot.
Gezz been searching again ,this sound simple but hard to find a fix,,did find another post saying to make sure ground or surface flat level on imu calibration or could cause drift one way , mayby use spirit level to find level ground and do imu again,apart from prop change i stumped on this and i dont like bein stumped,i have nother search soon ,

I have the same problem with my Phantom 3 Standard, I haven’t done anything to try to fix it tho

Not sure exactly what control panel would allow this but if you can, in the smallest of increments, decrease the sensitivity setting controlling the joystick movement to the right, it might just work. That is if you still have the problem. Regardless, good luck!

Is there a solution? My P4P won't fly straight either; slight veer to the right. I've done all the updates and calibrations and nothing works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik