Phantom 3 with cinemizer glasses?

Reaction score
Im into my 3rd flight with the phantom 3 professional. I love the light bridge, its so clear I love the experience. I want to try and add the cinemizer glasses for a full fpv experience. Has anyone done this yet? How would I set this up so that it work?

Thanks

Im into my 3rd flight with the phantom 3 professional. I love the light bridge, its so clear I love the experience. I want to try and add the cinemizer glasses for a full fpv experience. Has anyone done this yet? How would I set this up so that it work?

Thanks

I think the only way currently is to buy something like an Nvidia Shield Tablet with HDMI output and use that output to the goggles. Reports are that an Inspire 1 controller works with the PH3 and it has HDMI out as well, but pricey.

Hi. Before you buy Cinemizer glasses look at the latest Headplay goggles. I was seriously impressed apparently this is what all FPV pilots have been waiting for. I have used the Dominators v2 and I wan't too impressed at all.....but these wow... They cost about £169 . link below shows how good and clear theses are

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sero 7 Pro will do just fine.................. Plus it has HDMI out on it!

Last edited:
Cant you use the iPad Mini 3 and use the HDMI / Lightning adaptor to connect FPV glasses to it. Not tried this but seems plausible to me.

Cant you use the iPad Mini 3 and use the HDMI / Lightning adaptor to connect FPV glasses to it. Not tried this but seems plausible to me.
This works fine on P2V, but P3 tx plugs into the Lightning port on the iPad.

I've used an inspire remote and cinemizers. Work fine. The quality of the cinemizers is very good and being OLED, will be the best viewing ability over most other types of glasses and goggles. I found the cinemizers were not comfortable. The screen size was too small inside the view finder for my liking. I felt it was 2D flying and not better than just looking at an ipad. I also discovered that the cinemizers are being discontinued. You will still have warranty and parts available to fix them should they break. Zeiss currently does not have plans for replacement but one of their main distributors is trying to get them to make an upgraded product for 2016. They are probably the best overall quality. Just not there yet as most of the FPV goggles and glasses are. I've ordered some Nebula glasses I saw on ebay and was assured if I didn't like them, I could return them.

I personally don't see this as a must have. I traded in my ipad mini 2 for an ipad air 2 and the viewing is better in sunlight. not great but better. The HDMI board for the P3 remote should be out shortly. From what I can tell, it is the same board as the inspire remote.

I was not 750 dollars impressed by the cinemizers. so I sent them back

This works fine on P2V, but P3 tx plugs into the Lightning port on the iPad.
I get that the controller from the P3 plugs into the Lightning port of the iPad mini but the adaptor has both ports open to use so you can plug in the HDMI / Lightning port adaptor into the lightning port of the iPad and still have the two ports open on the Adaptor one for connecting to the P3 controller and the other HDMI port to connect to the glasses. I'm assuming it would work.

Hi. Before you buy Cinemizer glasses look at the latest Headplay goggles. I was seriously impressed apparently this is what all FPV pilots have been waiting for. I have used the Dominators v2 and I wan't too impressed at all.....but these wow... They cost about £169 . link below shows how good and clear theses are

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

...and you look really cool wearing them. :cool:

I love my Cinemizers.

A few weeks ago I was flying my P2V+ at the lake and a guy wanted to see how they worked. I put them on him and sent the bird up. Did a couple of 360 degree yaws and he about lost his breakfast (didn't help that it was beer).

They are awesome on boring airport flights too. Plug into iPod and watch movies and videos. They are very effective for eliminating chatty passengers, flight attendants and crying babies.

I get that the controller from the P3 plugs into the Lightning port of the iPad mini but the adaptor has both ports open to use so you can plug in the HDMI / Lightning port adaptor into the lightning port of the iPad and still have the two ports open on the Adaptor one for connecting to the P3 controller and the other HDMI port to connect to the glasses. I'm assuming it would work.
It doesn't work like that, it's been tried, tested and failed

Reactions: Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.