Phantom 3 Professional and Pix4d

Reaction score
I am very new to the industry and I am looking to do some 3D modeling with my DJI Phantom 3 Professional. I have downloaded the Pix4d Capture App and it seems to be the right software to do so. However when I get ready to go I get an error that the Pix4d application is unable to to sync (through wifi) to the UAV. After an extensive google search I am seeing the need for a wifi extender, yet all I am seeing referenced is the P2.

My questions are; Can I create a connection to the Pix4d app without an extender :),
is the Pix4d app the best bet for grid mission and 3D free flight capture,
Finally, if I need an extender what would be the the easiest model to install /calibrate to the DJI phantom 3 professional.

My current setup utilizes a Samsung S5 on the verizon network.

Thank you

Reactions: stephen.houser1
Aren't more accurate geotags attached to the file upon download to your handset for processing?

Oh, so it's a phone app you use to generate 3d images of objects, buildings, etc. using basically "stiching" multiple P3 images? I'm doing building surveys for my fire department so this may be helpful. Am I getting it right?

It looks as though the app was only updated for the Advance about a month ago. I am wondering if it does require a wifi extender like the original poster said?

I have to say, the info from Pix4d support for the Phantom 3 is confusing. It seems they posted that it is supported, but all the documentation says that it is not.

It's not supported yet. Waiting for Apple to approve the app I believe. There are many aftermarket P3 apps that are complete but the bottleneck is apple certifying them and allowing them into the App Store.

Well, it should be great when it launches. If i understand correctly, it should not require a wifi extender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting the advanced fpv kit from fpvlr.com in August. Everyone I talk to loses battery before they get to full distance range. Pretty impressive. 4+ miles? I don't know.., lol

About $350 I think... Includes the helical antennas, 2 boosters, battery pack, mount, and charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers