Phantom 3 area flight questions

D

DrewFlies

So its my first time going to Ginnie Springs in High Springs, FL.

There are tons of trees and rivers/springs. I want to bring my phantom 3. Has anybody been to Ginnie Springs and think its a good idea or bad?

jlo

Reaction score
I've been over there, definitely some awesome footage potential. The water out of those springs and on the rivers around there is so clear and beautiful.

Reaction score
Make very sure you know how to fly if you are going to shoot at lower altitudes and around obstacles...it's been a long time but aren't there a lot of overhanging trees at the springs?

D

DrewFlies

My question is - If there are many trees. I know I have to keep a line of sight. But, will it make my quad's gps act screwy and go haywire?

Reaction score
It shouldn't fly away with loss of gps technically that's what VPS is supposed to help with. I use an older Trimble GeoXM for work and the signal does bounce around in tree cover we call it ghosting. As lond as there is open space or the tree canopy is not closed completely it should be able to see satellites well enough.

Reaction score
Make sure you fully understand how the bird will behave if it does lose GPS. If you don't, you will most certainly crash in a setting like that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David1000