Phantom 3 4k camera needed

Reaction score
Hey people.i need a p34k camera.i was an idiot and left the gimbal guard on and started it up.the upper motor is shot and I'm dying to get back to my videos.anyone have one?I think I need the flex cable too.please someone help me out.thanks you guys.i know it'll be hard finding one camera.im flying without the camera plugged in.works fine.i keep low,and mostly practised flying in attitude mode.thanks for reading.

I seen a couple of them on eBay for a phantom 3 4K. Just keep in mind that a 3 4K camera is not compatible with a phantom 3 professional 4K camera.

I seen a couple of them on eBay for a phantom 3 4K. Just keep in mind that a 3 4K camera is not compatible with a phantom 3 professional 4K camera.
Yeah that's true thanks for the head up.i didn't even crash.i left the gimbal guard on a couple times.thats it.then I attempted to try a repair and messed up the flex cable.my locking mech on my flex cable broke is that enough to make your camera not work?? Thanks for the time.

Yes, I do believe that the lock down tab is very important. Without it, it’ll not make good contact with the board. Which board on the camera is the broken tab on?

In the upper portion where the flex cable meets up with 2 ribbons.in the sd compartment.how can I make the cable stay down?any suggestions.thanks so much.i may get my camera working after all.

Well, I was hoping it was a pitch board or a roll board. I haven’t seen one successful repaired reliably. I bought a camera on eBay once that the person tried gluing a piece of plastic on it. It didn’t work!
It needs to be a tight contact connection.
But, it can be attempted.

Well, I was hoping it was a pitch board or a roll board. I haven’t seen one successful repaired reliably. I bought a camera on eBay once that the person tried gluing a piece of plastic on it. It didn’t work!
It needs to be a tight contact connection.
But, it can be attempted.
Yeah,their tricky.im making a piece out of plastic zip tie.im gonna make it work.or at least try.must be cold in alaska?i always wanted to go there.your a cool guy.thanks for all the tips.your the best.

If you’re talking about the fold-down (hinged) clamp that secures a flat cable to a connector, anybody that repairs drones will have unusable gimbal assembly boards laying around with those connectors. The clamps are delicate but can be removed with care using forceps or flat tweezers and fitted to another connector - no big deal. Done correctly, it is a reliable repair. DON’T use glue on those connectors. Bad idea.

When looking for the clamp, know exactly which connector your messing with - what circuit board it’s on and it’s width in millimeters.

Good luck.

If you’re talking about the fold-down (hinged) clamp that secures a flat cable to a connector, anybody that repairs drones will have unusable gimbal assembly boards laying around with those connectors. The clamps are delicate but can be removed with care using forceps or flat tweezers and fitted to another connector - no big deal. Done correctly, it is a reliable repair. DON’T use glue on those connectors. Bad idea.

When looking for the clamp, know exactly which connector your messing with - what circuit board it’s on and it’s width in millimeters.

Good luck.
Thank you I'll try and remember that.thanks for taking the time.i think it's my flex cable and motor on top on the gimbal.i pinched it during my 1st repair attempt.where do I find the board with dual flex tabs?I've never seen that part fot sale.i was going to make one from a zip tie.it the board that houses the sd card.i think the motor that pans the camera.let me know.bye

Does anyone on the forum know if it is the same size of fold tabs that are on a P3P gimbal board? If it is, I have a bunch of them. I could send 121666rgy one of them.

Reactions: 121666rgy
Does anyone on the forum know if it is the same size of fold tabs that are on a P3P gimbal board? If it is, I have a bunch of them. I could send 121666rgy one of them.
Wow that's really nice.im afraid when I opened up the gimbal to check why camera wouldn't pan,when I put it back together the flex cable got pinched.im sure it killed the connection.i have one tab for locking cable to board.but if you could come up with a flex cable.i think those 2 thing are my main problem.also I think I burnt out the motoron the top of the gimbal where camera attaches too under shell,under drone.its supposed to pan left and right,,right.it would barely budge.i cant afford a flex cable.im disabled.think you have one that'll fit??if I dont answer right away it cause I'm gonna lay down my eyes are blurry.show me how to catch a 80lb fish.my legs dont work so good been hit by a car 5 times.im getting surgery soon.thanks buddy for all your help.your one hell of a nice guy.me too pal.ill be on later.ok.im tired from trying to walk.

I’m not clear what exactly your talking about. This is an image of a Phantom 3 4K upper control board (click the link):

Are those the connector clamps you’re looking for? If so, call CloudCity or some other folks doing drone repairs and ask if they have a fubar control board and see if they‘ll sell or give you the clamps. Used, these boards are less than $100, but as I understand it, you just need the connector clamps. Try your luck - ya’ never know......

WOOPS/EDIT: That board is for a Phantom 3 PRO 4K. Lemme do some more homework. Finding P3 4K stuff is tricky. Sorry, man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 121666rgy
Yeah, I was wondering if those connector clamps on the Phantom 3 4K are the same size as the ones on a Phantom 3 Professional? I have quite a few of them. I have a couple of used gimbal ribbon cables too that are still usable, but there again, they are for a Phantom 3 Professional. Don’t know if they are compatible with a phantom 3 4K. If they are the same, I’m more than happy to send them to him.

I’m not clear what exactly your talking about. This is an image of a Phantom 3 4K upper control board (click the link):

Are those the connector clamps you’re looking for? If so, call CloudCity or some other folks doing drone repairs and ask if they have a fubar control board and see if they‘ll sell or give you the clamps. Used, these boards are less than $100, but as I understand it, you just need the connector clamps. Try your luck - ya’ never know......

WOOPS/EDIT: That board is for a Phantom 3 PRO 4K. Lemme do some more homework. Finding P3 4K stuff is tricky. Sorry, man.
Nice work.your closei dont have the slee ve that's tinted on my board.i need the white things and the tabs.****,a motherboards 90$.oh well.im gonna make some calls.youve been great.alot of help.thanks brother.iafter watching 100 million YouTube videos,I think it's safe to say,i know how to insert flex cable.if I can find one.it shouldn't be hard.i just need a new camera.by the time I get the money for one they'll be 400$ on amazon,and 300$ on ebay.i need momey.its gonna be awhile to get all parts!I think I'll buy camera.they go for 250.use to be 200.thank you.good tech work.i might do it your way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.