Phantom 1 with over lander 2900 mAh 3s battery's

Reaction score
Hello all can anyone tell me why my p1 lasts only max 6 mins with overland elf 3s 2900 mAh battery's no gimbal just sports cam on bracket etc . I got it second hand works fine flys great buts lasts 5,6 mins max red light to say low power etc so I bring back and land put another battery in has got 2 overlanders
Do I have to do anything in naza program for battery setup ? All battery's have same voltages as checked them with volt checker hope some one can put some light on this ???? Thx Mark

The maximum takeoff weight for a P1 is 1200g.

If adding your camera brings the total weight to near this total, you'll drastically reduce flight times.

Are your batteries new? If not and they're not healthy your flight time will also be reduced.

Total battery voltage is misleading .... if any of the 3 cells in the battery are weak (or bad) the voltage will appear good before flying (12.5v total) but will drop fast after takeoff. You need to use a Low Voltage LiPo battery cell checker to verify ALL the cells in your battery are good.

Some decent cell checkers can be found on eBay, Amazon or Hobbyking.

The maximum takeoff weight for a P1 is 1200g.

If adding your camera brings the total weight to near this total, you'll drastically reduce flight times.

Are your batteries new? If not and they're not healthy your flight time will also be reduced.

Total battery voltage is misleading .... if any of the 3 cells in the battery are weak (or bad) the voltage will appear good before flying (12.5v total) but will drop fast after takeoff. You need to use a Low Voltage LiPo battery cell checker to verify ALL the cells in your battery are good.

Some decent cell checkers can be found on eBay, Amazon or Hobbyking.

Thx f reply batterys are new i AV Lipo voltage checker and seem ok I'll AV t chq weight I do AV carbon battery brackets on either side so Surpose they add weight As well

My heavy P1 weighs 1325g and on most flights gets from 7 to 7:30 minutes on one 2700mAh battery with a 25C discharge rating.
It flies for only 9 to 9:30 minutes on a 4000mAh 10C battery that puts the weight up to about 1410g.
So there is a weight they get to where the flight times level off or don't increase as much as one would expect for the battery capacity.

Fly it with just one battery and see how long it lasts.
Connect it up to the Naza assistant and have a look at the voltage settings.The previous owner might have made some changes there that may not be helping.
Read the instructions in the widow on the left,they explain what to do and when you hold the curser over the settings boxes there are tips that pop up that will explain more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl