Phantom 1.1.1 price drop at B&H

Will it really be discontinued forever? If so it will be interesting to see what they start selling for on eBay. When the FC40 was discontinued the price of the remaining units almost doubled. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...quadcopter_with_gopro_mount.html/prm/alsVwDtl

I'd say yes, once the remaining stocks are gone that will be it and I'd bet those remaining stocks will go FAST! I am SOOOOOO happy I decided to get it when I did. I must have gotten one of the very last ones B&H sold. Surprised to see B&H listing it as discontinued so quickly. That will probably be one of the last times anyone will see a quality quad go for under $300.
I did find another place selling them for the $349 price that B&H was selling it for. Here's the link but I'll bet they sell out fast too!
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-dj...osition*1o2_prodtarget*51320962143_adtype*pla

Reactions: Thiago Pereira
Wow! I didn't know they were closing out the Phantom 1.1.1, I'm glad I jumped on it when I could. I was lucky enough to get the B+H deal that included a free 3S LiPo battery and a set of NiMH batteries (w/charger) along with the Phantom for $299 delivered (the bonus batteries were a brand called Watson and seem to be pretty good).

I'm using 9443 props on it with removable prop guards and it flies well, except when it takes off by itself after landing if you don't shutdown the motors!! The red prop guards make it REAL visible against the blue sky and have proven useful for the myriad of tip-overs that the local wind gusts tend to cause, yet it still fits in the backpack I also got. I really like that I can fly it in a strong wind, which is a perpetual feature of the area I live in during the warmer months.

I also found that the Turnigy 2700mAh 3S LiPo batteries Hobbyking sells for the Quanum Nova (also the Cheerson CX-20) fit wonderfully well in the Phantom 1 and gives you a bit more flight time than the 2200mAh batteries do.

And I see the Phantom 2 is coming down below $500 (though B+H is listing used ones for as low as $350). If it ever gets to $300 or lower I'll likely pick one of them up too.

Wow! I didn't know they were closing out the Phantom 1.1.1, I'm glad I jumped on it when I could. I was lucky enough to get the B+H deal that included a free 3S LiPo battery and a set of NiMH batteries (w/charger) along with the Phantom for $299 delivered (the bonus batteries were a brand called Watson and seem to be pretty good).

I'm using 9443 props on it with removable prop guards and it flies well, except when it takes off by itself after landing if you don't shutdown the motors!! The red prop guards make it REAL visible against the blue sky and have proven useful for the myriad of tip-overs that the local wind gusts tend to cause, yet it still fits in the backpack I also got. I really like that I can fly it in a strong wind, which is a perpetual feature of the area I live in during the warmer months.

I also found that the Turnigy 2700mAh 3S LiPo batteries Hobbyking sells for the Quanum Nova (also the Cheerson CX-20) fit wonderfully well in the Phantom 1 and gives you a bit more flight time than the 2200mAh batteries do.

And I see the Phantom 2 is coming down below $500 (though B+H is listing used ones for as low as $350). If it ever gets to $300 or lower I'll likely pick one of them up too.

Normally DJI would have a replacement in the works when you start to see these discontinuations. It would not make sense to not have an introductory model in the hobby, unless they dont care about losing money. With that said I will be on the lookout for whats coming up next.

Well......B&H has one more P1 in stock. I returned mine (unopened). As it turns out, a friend of mine who owns a local camera chain in my area actually sells DJI products and he offered to get me a P3 advanced at cost so that's what I've decided to do.

Well......B&H has one more P1 in stock. I returned mine (unopened). As it turns out, a friend of mine who owns a local camera chain in my area actually sells DJI products and he offered to get me a P3 advanced at cost so that's what I've decided to do.
If you don't mind me asking, how much is cost on a p3 advanced?

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers