Part 107 Pilots for Hail Season

Reaction score
Hey guys. I posted this in one of the Commercial UAV forums as well.

As we approach the hail storm season, we are looking for Part 107 pilots, specifically with some experience doing residential roof inspections in areas from Dark Green to Light Green whether you're in a denser urban/metropolitan area or in a more rural location. We're working with major insurance companies and are excited to finally see large enterprises deciding on the deployment of drone services. I run Operations at DroneBase. Minimum qualifications is a Part 107 or 333 Exemption (obviously) and a Phantom 3 Pro quality drone or better. Scope of services would be images only. We've done hundreds of these inspections across the US post event based scenarios (ex. Hurricane Matthew) and pilots are able to complete the roof inspection in typically in one battery.

Link to the map showing severity of hail storms:

United States

www.dronebase.com

Very cool to know this is going on and there companies like yours out there looking for sUAS pilots. I'm neither anywhere near you nor part 107 certified yet but this is good motivation to keep studying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

As we approach the hail storm season, we are looking for Part 107 pilots, specifically with some experience doing residential roof inspections in areas from Dark Green to Light Green whether you're in a denser urban/metropolitan area or in a more rural location. We're working with major insurance companies and are excited to finally see large enterprises deciding on the deployment of drone services. I run Operations at DroneBase. Minimum qualifications is a Part 107 or 333 Exemption (obviously) and a Phantom 3 Pro quality drone or better. Scope of services would be images only. We've done hundreds of these inspections across the US post event based scenarios (ex. Hurricane Matthew) and pilots are able to complete the roof inspection in typically in one battery.

United States

www.dronebase.com

How do we get on the list? I'm already a DB member.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Littlepig
I'm interested too. Already am a DB member and fly jobs for an insurance marketplace so have experience in the field

I'm also interested and a DB member in Maryland. How do I get in the loop?

United States

www.dronebase.com
I am a Part 107 Pilot and am a member of DroneBase. Can't wait to see how you will get us in the loop. I'm in Wisconsin (winter sucks) can't wait to fly.

Hey Nick,

Happy Pilot for DroneBase. Extremely excited about partnering with you guys. Our business is out of Illinois and have seen many brutal hailstorms. Please let me know how to connect with you on your post - thanks!

I've got my Part 107 license and have been working with the insurance industry for some time now.

Best,

Griffin R.
Flyby Drone Technology
[email protected]

I hope pilots are doing more than just pano shots. Detecting hail damage accurately will require close up shots within about 15-20 ft of the roof.

I hope pilots are doing more than just pano shots. Detecting hail damage accurately will require close up shots within about 15-20 ft of the roof.

Ya, panos are meant to be opportunistic and not full time.

Right now, we have been sending a ton of pilots throughout TX and Denver on these jobs.

Reactions: bad karma
Ya, panos are meant to be opportunistic and not full time.

Right now, we have been sending a ton of pilots throughout TX and Denver on these jobs.
I work for an insurance carrier and am reviewing UAV solutions for roof inspections. If/When you are doing more than just panos I would love to chat.

I work for an insurance carrier and am reviewing UAV solutions for roof inspections. If/When you are doing more than just panos I would love to chat.

Nice, ya, we are doing a ton of work for the wind/hail damage vertical.

Nick

All I see on drone deploy are pano missions. I don't see any paid work. I'm studying up on 107 and I'll probably take it within the next couple of weeks. I'd be willing to travel but I would need to know for sure that there is paid work if I'm gonna get a hotel room for a couple of weeks at a time.

All I see on drone deploy are pano missions. I don't see any paid work. I'm studying up on 107 and I'll probably take it within the next couple of weeks. I'd be willing to travel but I would need to know for sure that there is paid work if I'm gonna get a hotel room for a couple of weeks at a time.

So those are on-spec missions with potential payouts. Client missions are available (depending on supply + demand of customers) if we notify you. Just in case: Pilot FAQ Page

Nick,

I passed my Part 107 last week, just waiting on the email from IACRA making it officially official. I live north of Atlanta, so if you're looking for pilots as Irma passes by, please reach out to me. I have a P4P and liability insurance. Willing to day travel as needed. One question - how does DroneBase handle non compete? Can you shoot me a link that answers that?

Danny

Nick,

I passed my Part 107 last week, just waiting on the email from IACRA making it officially official. I live north of Atlanta, so if you're looking for pilots as Irma passes by, please reach out to me. I have a P4P and liability insurance. Willing to day travel as needed. One question - how does DroneBase handle non compete? Can you shoot me a link that answers that?

Danny

hey Danny, thanks! let me know if you sign up. when you sign up, in the terms, we have a non compete for customers that we sync you up with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.