P4Pro Camera barrel distortion and vignetting...

Here's the image that I get and I would like to find a solution...Comments? P4P no filter AT ALL.
Note the upper right corners.
It will be related to the software you are using to view the file.
Shoot jpg and you won't see it.
Use another program to view the raw files and you won't see it.

Adobe Camera Raw applies a built in profile for the Phantom 4 Pro lens - Check the lens section of ACR and you will see it uses FC6310 24.0 mm which corrects Barrel distortion, chromatic aberration and vignetting

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there :) Use a different raw editor which ignore the embedded profile and you'll get a very different view

Below is the same raw file in Rawtherapee and Adobe Camera Raw - there's quite a difference as you can see
rawtherapee.jpg

At first glance, this isn't much of an issue, just correcting the nasty stuff we don't really need but there is more to it than that and the comment above from KevMo 'If you open it in Adobe Raw all your problems are gone' is far from the truth.

During this conversion process, the raw image is corrected and cropped down to about a 15 - 16 mp image and then enlarged back up to 20 mp on output - this means that we are working on files that have been enlarged by approximately 25% - this is a destructive edit of the original file so the quality is reduced.

There's no simple solution as you cannot ignore this profile in Adobe Camera Raw

Last edited:
more on this.....

here's the (so called) raw file in Adobe Camera Raw with all the sliders set to central

ACR.jpg

here's the same file in Rawtherapee - again, all sliders set to zero but with the embedded lens profile being ignored - the red frame shows roughly the area the Adobe image occupies within the 'original' 20 mp image - it's approx 15.5 mp

rt2.jpg

So, our raw files have already been edited, cropped, scaled and had a colour profile added before we get to work with them

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-17_10-57-36.png
    upload_2017-7-17_10-57-36.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 461
see my post above - Lightroom (Adobe Camera Raw) is already applying FC3610 - you don't need any further lens profile

see my post above - Lightroom (Adobe Camera Raw) is already applying FC3610 - you don't need any further lens profile

What's the difference between FC330 and FC3610? And why doesnt my ALC CC list FC3610 as a profile option?

(happy to have found this thread, thank you!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues