P4P v2 Sentera field mapping

Reaction score
Hello All, I have recently purchased a P4P v2 with a Sentera double 4k sensor attached to it and have started to map fields here in Northwest Ohio. Just wanted to highlight a couple points about my experience with Sentera's software and sensor usage as well as using it in combination with the P4P v2
- Sentera recommends that you run the DJI app in the background while you use their FieldAgent app to fly your mission. I flew my first couple of missions without it and did notice some GPS issues which might be the cause of it. They put this information on their support webpage but it can be kind of hard to find.
- Sentera's app is really user friendly and makes changing all of the different flight parameters really easy to do.
- They have always gotten back to me really quickly whenever I have had an issue and have been extremely pleasant to work with.
- If you have a Mac and plan on running their web application to generate your reports and analyze your data do it on Google Chrome instead of Safari. Safari messes up the the reports when they are generated but Chrome has no issues.
- I have noticed that once the flight plan is set and you are ready to take off the drone will fly to about 4-5 feet and the hover instead of flying to its beginning point. It seems to be some sort of glitch with the system. I have also noticed that this issues seems to arise when I am having GPS problems so that might be the cause of it. Once I take manual control of the drone and land it seems to resolve the issues once I take off again. This has only happened to me once so far.
All in all I have had a really positive experience with Sentera and their software/sensors and look forward to using it more.

Hello All, I have recently purchased a P4P v2 with a Sentera double 4k sensor attached to it and have started to map fields here in Northwest Ohio. Just wanted to highlight a couple points about my experience with Sentera's software and sensor usage as well as using it in combination with the P4P v2
- Sentera recommends that you run the DJI app in the background while you use their FieldAgent app to fly your mission. I flew my first couple of missions without it and did notice some GPS issues which might be the cause of it. They put this information on their support webpage but it can be kind of hard to find.
- Sentera's app is really user friendly and makes changing all of the different flight parameters really easy to do.
- They have always gotten back to me really quickly whenever I have had an issue and have been extremely pleasant to work with.
- If you have a Mac and plan on running their web application to generate your reports and analyze your data do it on Google Chrome instead of Safari. Safari messes up the the reports when they are generated but Chrome has no issues.
- I have noticed that once the flight plan is set and you are ready to take off the drone will fly to about 4-5 feet and the hover instead of flying to its beginning point. It seems to be some sort of glitch with the system. I have also noticed that this issues seems to arise when I am having GPS problems so that might be the cause of it. Once I take manual control of the drone and land it seems to resolve the issues once I take off again. This has only happened to me once so far.
All in all I have had a really positive experience with Sentera and their software/sensors and look forward to using it more.
Ok…. Enlighten me lol. Why would I want to add a 2nd sensor to my phantom? I’m sure it probably sounds like a stupid question but this is the first I’ve ever heard about this even being an option and Im definitely wanting to know more details lol. What is it used for specifically? General mapping or something more specific? What are the sensor specs? Would I still be able to process the data in-house with metashape or would I have to use their software? How much weight does the sensor add to the airframe? How bad if at all does it impact flight time? Sorry for the 50 questions lol

Reactions: jephoto
The reason you would want to add a second sensor to your phantom is because the additional sensor would have a different purpose than the one mounted on the phantom. The one that comes on the phantom is a RGB camera whereas the Sentera sensor is an NDVI/NDRE camera that's main purpose is reading plant health and generating plant health maps. This can help farmers and agricultural producers make in season decisions on what to do with their crops with actual data instead of making "educated guesses" for lack of a better term. I am not sure of all the sensor specs currently but they have a list of it on their website. I have used Sentera's FieldAgent software because I know it integrates easily with it. I believe Drone Deploy and Pix4D are also compatible with that sensor but I could not tell you for sure about how it works with Metashape. Im sure if you would email them they would be happy to answer. I have had nothing but a good experience with them. The sensor itself weighs 80 grams and I haven't noticed any reduced flight time due to it. I do not have a lot of experience flying a phantom 4 without the sensor but it still flies close to what DJI says the flight time is. Hopefully this helps answer some of your questions. Once the crops around here get a little bigger i'll get some health map readings and post them here as an example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.