P4P sold to TonyT76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well...

I was hoping it would not have to come to this , but I sold my P4P v1 unit to a memeber on this forum Tonyt76.

The unit was in working condition, and pictures showed this. I ve sold a few drones on this and other forums because I’m always rotating fleet to the Lastest.

I sold the unit and a month later I get a convo from listed member above stating he sold the bird to someone else, and they said the unit doesn’t work.

Well long story short, transaction was done via PayPal friends and tony disputed this with his institution.

Now, I’m minus the funds and a drone. Hoping Tony would return the drone to me but after trying to reach out to him. I feel like this isn’t going to take place. I’m sure Tony is a good gut and I’m Sorry to air the laundry, this way, but I’m hoping we can settle this, the right way.

AF2FF929-A24E-43CE-8FBA-0D186A2E58D7.png
188AA043-4EB5-4F30-BCF8-C93DE7A4DCB5.png

I'm surprised PayPal didn't deny his claim. It seems to me once he receives the merchandise, it's his responsibility to check it out before flipping it to someone else. Who's to say the third party didn't do something to it?

Who has the drone now? At the very least, you are entitled to the return of the drone. There seems to be some missing pieces here.

Al sold me a P4P and would ONLY accept PayPal friends and family as payment. Since I purchased a Crystalsky from him in the past, I figured I could trust him as a seller. Since I already own several P4P's I decided to sell it and not keep it for my personal collection. I sold it to a reputable member and the day they received it, they stated that the camera was not working and the drone in general was not working right. I immediately told the buyer to send it back to me and I would issue them a full refund. Upon receiving the drone back, everything the buyer stated was true. When I tried to bring this to Al's attention, he threatened to contact his lawyer and told me to do what I need to do and was UNWILLING to accept any and all responsibility.

I contacted Paypal to see what my options were since Al was not willing to work things out with me. PayPal stated that since I used Friends and Family that my only course of action was to dispute the charge with my financial organization.

Now Al is the victim. I have sold numerous DJI items on this forum and have NEVER had an issue with any of my transactions. If there was, I was always willing to refund the buyer and make things right. I also have close to 900 100% feedbacks on eBay and have been a seller on there since 2000 with ZERO issues.

Al sold me a P4P and would ONLY accept PayPal friends and family as payment. Since I purchased a Crystalsky from him in the past, I figured I could trust him as a seller. Since I already own several P4P's I decided to sell it and not keep it for my personal collection. I sold it to a reputable member and the day they received it, they stated that the camera was not working and the drone in general was not working right. I immediately told the buyer to send it back to me and I would issue them a full refund. Upon receiving the drone back, everything the buyer stated was true. When I tried to bring this to Al's attention, he threatened to contact his lawyer and told me to do what I need to do and was UNWILLING to accept any and all responsibility.

I contacted Paypal to see what my options were since Al was not willing to work things out with me. PayPal stated that since I used Friends and Family that my only course of action was to dispute the charge with my financial organization.

Now Al is the victim. I have sold numerous DJI items on this forum and have NEVER had an issue with any of my transactions. If there was, I was always willing to refund the buyer and make things right. I also have close to 900 100% feedbacks on eBay and have been a seller on there since 2000 with ZERO issues.

Tony no one is disputing your reputation and I can assure you the drone worked, I’m not a scammer. All I asked if you would return it. The question is will you return the drone or did you sell it?

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
You never sent me a response, of course I threatened legal action but realized it was pointless because the cost would be way more than what I sold it for. So I ask again, can we resolve and would you ship back to me. I would be happy to pay for shipping.

Last edited:
@tonyt76 what say you? will you return it???

@tonyt76 what say you? will you return it???
If he has it he is obligated to return it to you. To keep your funds and not do so would be outright fraud in my opinion.

Since you two have done business in the past, you should have his real name and address. Maybe small Claims court is an option.

If he has it he is obligated to return it to you. To keep your funds and not do so would be outright fraud in my opinion.

Since you two have done business in the past, you should have his real name and address. Maybe small Claims court is an option.
It is a hard lesson learned! I’m part 107, I used that very drone for construction progress jobs. It worked flawlessly. I only sold it because I upgraded to the I2 and M2Pro.

To say ilthe drone didn’t work and not check, than sell it and leave me like this, is effed. But I’m a true believer in Karma.

If I were the person I was long ago, native New Yorker (the Bronx), I would’ve made a quick call to friends, since I know exactly where he lives.

But threats are cheap, I guess I wanted some sort of retribution, that’s why I posted.

This is interesting to me and I come at this with no bias and I don't care or know anything about either party. Even though no one asked for my opinion watch out because Here Comes! Person A was the original owner of the Drone so that the person B and B sold it to person C. As soon as person B receives the Drone and does not dispute its functionality, congratulations mr. A the money is yours end of story. If person C receives the Drone and it turns out to be broken, I'm sorry mr. B but you should have checked the freaking drone before you sold it! . You person B are the one who sold a broken drone ( or person C broke it after receiving it and wants to defraud you, either way that is not the fault of person a or his responsibility to cover). It is your responsibility to test items that you are selling to person C. This isn't even gray area or a maybe or debate this or debate that. From an outside Observer watching this with no bias person B is obviously on the hook to send the money back to person C and that's the end. If person be took money and drone from person a that's straight-up theft no disputing it. No wonder you have all of these sales-- because you buy and flip things and think you can hold no liability on non-functioning items.

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.
Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20