P4P, P4P+ or?

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about weather or not to purchase the RC with built in screen

Are the 3rd party apps worth fiddling around with my IPhone 6+?

I've heard complaints about 4K flicker the the built in screen.

I've seen a few comments about the GL300C. Is this a superior controller compared to either of the stock P4P units?

Thanks for all the feed back. This sight has been great for gathering info on what to get for my 1st drone!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There must be at least a dozen threads on this topic in the last month alone so you may not get many new responses. I would suggest doing a search and you will find all the reading you could want.

Reactions: azgeek
I check some of them out. Didn't really find what I was looking for.
I talked to a rep from DJI today. Looks like the p4p+ is quite a bit brighter that my iPhone 6S+

I'm just not sure about giving up the option to use 3rd party apps.

I need Litchi and Autopilot, so a + was out of the question.

I don't see why you'd want to give up all the possible apps today and in the future just to gain a brighter screen. Slap a hood on the iphone/iPad and call it good.

Reactions: IFlyHi
I use a OnePlusOne device, with a Hoodman made for the iPhone 6. Works very well for me since most of the controls you need are on the RC vs. a P3S for instance, where you must touch the screen for everything.

I check some of them out. Didn't really find what I was looking for.
I talked to a rep from DJI today. Looks like the p4p+ is quite a bit brighter that my iPhone 6S+

I'm just not sure about giving up the option to use 3rd party apps.

Just in case you didn't see this. Not sure this will answer all your questions. If not then check many of the other threads on this forum which contain plenty of questions and answers on the P4P vs P4P+ discussion.

I think I'm going to pickup an iPad mini at some point so I can take advantage of the 3rd party apps

Here's the way I've looked at it. I was on the fence for a long time as well on whether to get the p4p or the p4p+. The only true advantages to the + are: brighter screen, Only having to charge one device, and no cables. That being said, I went with the p4p. I ended up thinking, I'm pretty careful all the time, but what happens if I accidently drop my controller? with the p4p, worst case scenario, I crack the screen on my tablet, and have to replace my tablet, or even the screen on the tablet. However with the p4p+, if I drop that and break the display, Im out an entire controller and not able to use my quadcopter until I replace the entire controller.

Not to mention 5.5 is kinda small with my vision. I see things alot better on my Nvidia Shield K1. The screen is very sharp and easier to read.

I happen to love the P4P+ screen. Super bright, convenient and just about everything I want to do I would fly manually or using DJI GO 4 app anyway so not missing out on 3rd party apps that much.

Using a hood on an iPad/iPhone/tablet or whatever sucks - you can't physically access the touch screen nearly as easily as if it wasn't there, super awkward to pass your hand inside most hoods especially at the edge of the screen. And a hood isn't a panacea to not having a bright screen that's easier to see in the first place it's just a band aid. Bright screen = Major benefit imo, never and issue to see it. Plus i didn't want to drain my phone/tablet battery to fly the drone so now that's not an issue. I wish there was a larger screen option for sure (and with Crystal Sky someday there will be) but it's worth it for me (same size as iPhone 6/7 Plus).

yeah, i'm really happy with my p4p+. i was using a nexus 7 for my p3p, & like DroneOn said i'd love for it to be bigger too, but with that being said i'm still extremely satisfied, mainly because of the convenience factor.

Reactions: DroneOnNDP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna