P4P Inspection Video

That's some good flying. What mode where you using? Tripod?

Reactions: slugger
So the I2 controller will work with a P4P. I guess I should have know that, because they ,I1, worked with a P4. Just didn't occur to me. Thanks, I just learned some thing new.

Reactions: John Locke
I was in P mode. I actually use a GL6D10A controller from an Inspire 2. That way I can use my Ipad.
This is news to me that I2 controllers are compatible with P4P. The Cendence controller claims to be compatible ONLY with I2 and M200 (below). So if the I2 controller works with P4P, it would seem logical the Cendence should also be compatible with P4P, I would think.

upload_2017-11-7_11-18-29.png

My guess is that the radio is compatible, but none of the programmable buttons/capabilities will control anything on a P4P.

Will be interesting to see what happens when someone tests it. I am still a few dollars away from purchasing an M210 to find out myself!...

This is news to me that I2 controllers are compatible with P4P. The Cendence controller claims to be compatible ONLY with I2 and M200 (below). So if the I2 controller works with P4P, it would seem logical the Cendence should also be compatible with P4P, I would think.

Hi, new to this forum, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Crystal Sky Monitor, if so is it good, bad, etc? Looking for an alternative that can handle hot weather in the south. Galaxy tablet and ipad not quite cutting it. Thanks

Hi, new to this forum, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Crystal Sky Monitor, if so is it good, bad, etc? Looking for an alternative that can handle hot weather in the south. Galaxy tablet and ipad not quite cutting it. Thanks

You might have better luck asking under the Crystal Sky section. That is where I looked before I got mine, to learn about them. Not exactly warm up here, and I can't use it till Xmas. Welcome

You might have better luck asking under the Crystal Sky section. That is where I looked before I got mine, to learn about them. Not exactly warm up here, and I can't use it till Xmas. Welcome
Thanks, didn't realize there was a section for that. thanks.

Originally I bought it as a P4P+. I found out that I needed more real estate for these old eyes than the phone sized screen. I had bought 2 controllers with my Inspire 2. So I just used the extra controller on my P4P. I only fly in P mode. My interest is in inspection, so I haven't used any other built in programmable modes. Might have to try them just to see if they do work.

Originally I bought it as a P4P+. I found out that I needed more real estate for these old eyes than the phone sized screen. I had bought 2 controllers with my Inspire 2. So I just used the extra controller on my P4P. I only fly in P mode. My interest is in inspection, so I haven't used any other built in programmable modes. Might have to try them just to see if they do work.
Tripod mode is nice, slows all movement down, seems like it would be good for inspections. I use it for precise flying around expensive cars, parked of course.

My I2 controller would not connect or work with my p4p.

Have you tried this lately? I2 RC's work great on the P4P. We have a couple different use applications that we now use Dual I2 RCs on Phantom 4 Pro units. Make sure your RC is running the latest FW.

View attachment 90456

Can also confirm that the Cendence works on the P4P. As noted, DJI does not state it's compatibility so unfortunately I don't think it's "officially" compatible but we've flown quite a bit with P4P and Cendence without issue.

Reactions: John Locke
........ I only fly in P mode. My interest is in inspection, so I haven't used any other built in programmable modes. Might have to try them just to see if they do work.

Interested in the under bridge flying and inside that metal structure building you did.

You were in P mode with all Sensors On and Functioning?

I am interested in doing some flying like this but afraid to put my P4P into a building until I understand how it will react being inside with no view of the satellites.

@bluebird... I was in P mode with Obstacle avoidance off. I did get a warning under the bridge when I was close to the top of the underside. Inside the building was problem free. I got no warnings at all. I turn Obstacle avoidance off so I can get closer to my target. I do leave the other sensors on.

When flying inside you need to have experience flying in ATTI under your belt. You must be comfortable with ATTI. Although VPS should hold the craft horizontal stability with the right environment, if VPS fails, and you have no GPS due to being indoors, the craft will go into ATTI mode and drift, at which time you need to have the skill and confidence to fly ATTI. VPS has limitations, such as lighting, altitude, and floor contrast requirements for horizontal stability to function correctly. Flying inside without GPS requires the VPS limitations to be met, otherwise you'll be in ATTI mode, and that's OK if you're competent at flying ATTI. Compass failures, due to magnetic anomalies, could also enable ATTI.

It's easy to get comfortable with ATTI outdoors. Just find a wide open field to practice and practice. Soon you'll be a pro with the confidence you need, when the time comes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94