P4P has all kinds of issues, but it's hardly used!

Reaction score
I bought this brand new this year, and it hardly has hours of use on it. Last time I flew it, it said it needed firmware upgrade, so ok, I took a mental note of that. I took the drone out a couple weeks ago after not flying it for about a month, and the camera blinks..it says the sensors are not working, and after seeing this I upgraded the firmware. Connected to the computer it says the firmware is updated (after successfully updating) but when I start it with the app it says it needs a firmware upgrade.

Should I reset everything back to factory defaults and sort this out? I just don't know why the drone all of a sudden acts like it's entirely broken. It's unflyable right now, but been treated like a queen any time I've ever interacted with it. Never flown into anything, never a hard landing and never nicked a tree branch. Worked great last time I flew it, besides saying it needed a firmware update.

So, the screen was flashing randomly, warnings that the sensors are not working and telling me the firmware was not updated even though I had done so (the screen flashing and sensor error messages happened before I firmware upgraded)

So much is wrong at once, I don't even know where to start, or WHY it all happened.

Sorry if my post is somewhat all over the place. I have something I'm supposed to do in a couple weeks, and my drone doesn't fly right now.

Something like this, but with sensor notifications and the firmware telling me it's not upgraded....but it is.

When I connect the phone to the aircraft, it then goes and says the latest firmware is installed. So the ability to update goes away. I updated my firmware directly connected to the PC and it still tells me it's up to date.

As for that video I linked...that's what mine does, but TEN TIMES worse.
This is being used on a Samsung Edge 7 and has flown plenty fine other times.

Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried updating it via DJI Assistant 2? That's by far the easiest, most secure way, IMHO.

Reactions: MrTightLines
Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried updating it via DJI Assistant 2? That's by far the easiest, most secure way, IMHO.

Thanks for your reply! Once notified that I needed to upgrade the firmware, I took out the usb cable and connected it to the PC and upgraded the firmware through DJI Assistant 2. It currently says it's up to date and good to go, but then when I connect the drone to my phone to fly it, it tells me the firmware needs to be upgraded. Even further, If I connect my phone directly to my drone to see if it will update that way, the message changes and it says my drone is up to date... so baffling!

Just upgraded the firmware to the Remote from the phone in a way it hadn't shown me before, and now.. it works?!

I think it's fixed, as now it's telling me the firmware is up to date and it's ready to fly. The flashing is gone, and it may just work. About to put the props on and try

**Flew the device!**

WOO it works! I also went into the DJI App on the phone and cleared the cache there.

I'm so happy.

Reactions: fortnight
Great news! And in plenty of time for your "job". Might want to polish your skills in the mean time.

Reactions: MrTightLines
Great news! And in plenty of time for your "job". Might want to polish your skills in the mean time.

Yeah, I'm just doing a little video for NH Bass Nation to help get the kids schools interested in becoming affiliated members and show the benefits of such.
Without the drone, it would have been nearly impossible to have something even remotely pleasing.

Here's an idea of my drone footage at the moment. Since taking this, I've learned a lot about manual settings and how to read my histogram, etc.

Drone footage starts at around 2:24 but feel free to watch the entire episode for a full presentation. Warning, I lose my mind when I catch this bass lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga