P3se app crash

Reaction score
I have had my p3se for a month now. The dune drone flies great but not with out issues. I lost GPS while flying once but was able to fly it home cuz I'm by far a begginer. I have had the begginer mode stop me at 30m height but I have learned only sever cold is the cause of that. But the one issue that I keep having is the app crash on me when I'm about half way into the flight. I have the Samsung galaxy j7 and my thinking is my phone is running out of ram. The phone has 1.5 gigs of ram. Even after closing all apps but dji it still happens. I notice when the app crashes my ram is all uses up. I use clean master and it shows how much ram is being used. Maybe some one can shed more light on This situation please.

Best thing to do is uninstall the app, go to settings, and uninstall all the folders left behind. After that Google DJI GO 3.0.1 APK. This is an older but reliable version of the DJI GO app. It also has the Google maps on there too rather then the outdated here maps. Let us know how that works out for you

Best thing to do is uninstall the app, go to settings, and uninstall all the folders left behind. After that Google DJI GO 3.0.1 APK. This is an older but reliable version of the DJI GO app. It also has the Google maps on there too rather then the outdated here maps. Let us know how that works out for you

That's a good idea!! I was curious to see what the dji app looked like b4 I got the p3se. And I noticed on the app there's 2 profiles. One with my name and one with my email name. The one with my name has the picture of the p3se in the corner when the other one has a blank photo. I beat that has some thing to do with it. Thank you so very very much!!! I'll try it tonight after work.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Can you pleasw explain by recording to AC?
Sure. though I think the duplicate app may be your answer. Inside the app there is an option to cache video directly to your phone. If it's on, try turning it off. You'll have better quality on the SD card in the camera, so really no need and it should improve performance.

Sure. though I think the duplicate app may be your answer. Inside the app there is an option to cache video directly to your phone. If it's on, try turning it off. You'll have better quality on the SD card in the camera, so really no need and it should improve performance.

yes the video is saved onto my phone. I can see how that would take up allot more ram. Man thank you so much for the info and the help!!!

Ianaic,
Good recommendations above from Neon and LarBear as the Go app can be resource intensive, especially with some resource-challenged phones. But I'm kind of surprised your having so many crashes with the J7. I'd looked at buying a J7 before I bought a Galaxy S5. From what I remember of the J7 specs, it's got a 1.5 ghz octacore with 1.5gb ram and 16gb internal memory, with additional SD card storage option. If you're caching the video to your phone with most of your RAM already used up, that doesn't leave much overhead for the Go app to work with. As LarBear suggested, turn off video caching to your phone. It's nice to have but, you can get by without it. Along with that, I'd suggest moving any already cached videos/photos to a folder in the phone's SD card for storage. If you haven't already done so, I'd transfer as many nonessential files from your phone's RAM to a folder in your phone's SD card. You could also transfer as many moveable apps from your RAM to the SD card to free up some additional resources. Once you've done that, I'd look at transferring as many nonessential files from the 16gb of internal memory to the SD card as well. After that, If you're not already cleaning your cache regularly, you should consider doing that to free up as much memory as possible. One last thing to check is your phone's default storage setting to see where your photos and downloads are saved to. If that's set to "device" or "internal", change the default setting to "SD card". Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
One thing I also noticed last night that may have made a difference is the fact that with the latest DJI GO app it downloaded 3 videos in to my phone. Have no idea how long it has been there but it took up a lot of space. About 5GB so its worth checking that too to make sure its not there

About 5GB so its worth checking that too to make sure its not there

That's a point definitely worth mentioning, Neon. If you're caching videos to your device, and you're not moving or deleting those videos to free up cache memory, it doesn't take long for those files to eat up valuable memory. Not sure if it was mentioned or not but, if caching videos to your device is important, you can always go into the Go app settings and reduce the cache size to something more manageable in order to preserve limited system memory. The trade-off there is, you could run out of cache memory much sooner if you're not cleaning out that cache on a regular basis. I've got mine set at 2gb but, I make an effort to clean out the cache before my next flight.

One thing I also noticed last night that may have made a difference is the fact that with the latest DJI GO app it downloaded 3 videos in to my phone. Have no idea how long it has been there but it took up a lot of space. About 5GB so its worth checking that too to make sure its not there

I actually know the exact videos you are talking about. So i tried to turning off the cache video recording to the phone and uninstalling and installing the app. Now instead of the app crashing at like 50% battery or 60% its crashing at 40% battery lol. I also cleared the cache. Its not that big a deal for me but the one issue that scares me is what if i lose GPS again and i am far out and the app crashes. Then i can't fly fpv in atti mode back home. I fly racing drones and flew my x380 los out to a 1000m and was able to se it cuz it was black. With the phantom being white i can't see it to well far out. So this is my major concern. The odds of both happening at the same time are probably rare but my luck it will happen. I was reading the reviews on the google play store for the dji go app and other people had app crashes also. Some people said after buying litchi they did not have that issue. I read litchi isn't available for the p3se. Will it ever be available for the p3se? Thank you all so much for the help!!!!!

Ianaic,
Good recommendations above from Neon and LarBear as the Go app can be resource intensive, especially with some resource-challenged phones. But I'm kind of surprised your having so many crashes with the J7. I'd looked at buying a J7 before I bought a Galaxy S5. From what I remember of the J7 specs, it's got a 1.5 ghz octacore with 1.5gb ram and 16gb internal memory, with additional SD card storage option. If you're caching the video to your phone with most of your RAM already used up, that doesn't leave much overhead for the Go app to work with. As LarBear suggested, turn off video caching to your phone. It's nice to have but, you can get by without it. Along with that, I'd suggest moving any already cached videos/photos to a folder in the phone's SD card for storage. If you haven't already done so, I'd transfer as many nonessential files from your phone's RAM to a folder in your phone's SD card. You could also transfer as many moveable apps from your RAM to the SD card to free up some additional resources. Once you've done that, I'd look at transferring as many nonessential files from the 16gb of internal memory to the SD card as well. After that, If you're not already cleaning your cache regularly, you should consider doing that to free up as much memory as possible. One last thing to check is your phone's default storage setting to see where your photos and downloads are saved to. If that's set to "device" or "internal", change the default setting to "SD card". Just my 2 cents.
You are spot on with the j7 specs!!! I did all these things ad still no luck. I uninstalled apps i don't use and i have a 16g memory card in my phone with all the apps on there can go on the sd card. I am thinking about getting a new phone anway. I am actually using 2 phones. One for my ehang ghost drone cuz the j7 doesn't have a magnetic compass to calibrate it. The other phone is a cheap zte maven 3. I wish i can fix this issue but i think i might just have to get a new phone. One with 2gigs of RAM. Thank you very much for the help!!!

You may right about a new phone. I had some of the same problems with my LG Power phone when I first got my Phantom, although that phone didn't have any where near the power or memory of your J7. The LG Power had only a 1.5ghz dual core and maybe 2gb total of free me.mory and a small memory card. Running the GO app on that phone was a bit too much. The phone would get very warm when running the app and then crash, even when I followed all of those memory suggestions above. Long term, I needed a new device. I settled on a new Galaxy S5. A 2.5ghz quad core, lots of internal memory, some additional RAM, and a large (128gb) memory card. That solved my crashing problem. No more overheating or crashing when running the GO app. An added bonus is the S5 replaced my laptop. I hope you find a good solution for your situation.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164