P3S range : impact of trees?

Not if you set the RTH high enough.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
The P3s don't have obstacle avoidance.

If ANY object is in the path between the Home point and the current location of the quad THAT IS HIGHER THAN THE RETURN altitude you have set than a crash would occur.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Thanks a lot all for your answers!
So I understand that if there aren't trees between the drone and me, these trees may normally NOT impact the range.
So maybe there is an other thing (that is not obvious to me), that would explain why I can reach more than 400m in one area and not much than 100m in an other.

Julien

Yes.

Basically:

These unlicensed radio bands being used for control and video are allocated for MANY, MANY, devices/uses.

In some areas there are more of these 'devices' in use and you are sharing and competing for the frequencies.

This is why comparing range and other distance data can be difficult.

Thanks a lot all for your answers!
So I understand that if there aren't trees between the drone and me, these trees may normally NOT impact the range.
So maybe there is an other thing (that is not obvious to me), that would explain why I can reach more than 400m in one area and not much than 100m in an other.

Julien
Yeah, if you are in a very populated area you will probably have more interference. :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.