P3s new distance

Reaction score
Added my amps on my controller and took it out today to a satisfying 3900' over water (bay)but surrounded buy condos and homes so still getting interference. Would love to try out I middle of no where to see. Plus I was maintaining video up till that point. It also regained emeediatly after rth was triggered.
I was having so much more fun having the confidence that I could take it out and not be worrying about losing connection and or video. Plus I was able to concentrate on flying and not always having to point the antenna directly at the bird. I was practicing chasing some boats, jets skis etc... doing fly bys and circling while maintaining focus on subject. Even harder when subject is moving as well. I just really enjoyed it having that little bit more control.
I am really happy with my p3s now but been thinking about a Mavic.

Expecting a big storm over weekend so I saw an opening early this morning I got and got up at the cracks of dawn to take her up. Was a little cloudy and very windy but she handled it fine. I made sure I went out against the wind anyways.
This time I went out to the beach, near the cut where the ships come in and out of the port of Miami. Figured less interference and wanted to push it and test my new set up ( boosted control) previously with just the itelite, I was getting 1500'-2000'. With the amps I took her out 6300' ( probably could have gotten a few more but decided that was pretty good for a P3S. I should have tried for 6600' to get an even 1.25 miles.
Was pretty happy with that, plus I still had video as well.
Practiced some filming techniques as well.

Have to say, I really enjoy your this thing.

Mike

Screenshot_20180710-200919.png
6754.4 metres or 22,160 feet outbound - 13.51 km / 44,360 feet total upon return - landed with 8% - won't seek to best this - using Phantom 3 (Non) Standard

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180710-200919.png
    Screenshot_20180710-200919.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
Added my amps on my controller and took it out today to a satisfying 3900' over water (bay)but surrounded buy condos and homes so still getting interference. Would love to try out I middle of no where to see. Plus I was maintaining video up till that point. It also regained emeediatly after rth was triggered.
I was having so much more fun having the confidence that I could take it out and not be worrying about losing connection and or video. Plus I was able to concentrate on flying and not always having to point the antenna directly at the bird. I was practicing chasing some boats, jets skis etc... doing fly bys and circling while maintaining focus on subject. Even harder when subject is moving as well. I just really enjoyed it having that little bit more control.
I am really happy with my p3s now but been thinking about a Mavic.

I had a P3S as my first drone, largely because it was cheap. It was nice, but I'm loving my Mavic. Still astounded by the range, and the portability is super useful for carrying around/transporting. It's also WAY quieter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT