P3S for an 11 year old?

The reasoning that video games help people with flying rc models is down to people having better hand/eye coordination if they are good at video games.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not wanting to argue. Many have lost them, maybe you don't read the Syma group. I stated my opinion and like you, I have one. I respect yours, but I have a different take. I have had a Syma X5c-1, a XK X380 and a CX-20. I find the Phantom 3 to be very easy to use and learn, and if he worked with the young man I think he would be fine. Kids given a chance are intelligent and can pick things up quicker than a adult. That's my last word on the subject.
I agree 100 percent. Buy the drone... You say he looks up to you. Great teach him how to use it responsibly. If you are going to just buy it and walk away... I would say no..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The reasoning that video games help people with flying rc models is down to people having better hand/eye coordination if they are good at video games.

Well that and the fact that some games actually have drones in them. I have seen better flight simulators in video games than in the go app.

Get it....
It's a stable learning quad...
Or give him yours and upgrade to the pro...

Well that and the fact that some games actually have drones in them. I have seen better flight simulators in video games than in the go app.

Hi,
I've not had chance to use the go app but from what I have seen its very basic.
I use Pheonix RC5 which is awesome for training.
The hardest thing that I encountered was flying nose in but Pheonix helped me and saved me money not crashing my rc stuff.
With regards to video games I have only played 2 games that have had some type of drone/quad in them (call of duty) but the sequences were that short I wouldn't say I gained much experience that would be valuable in real life.

Why don't you just light the money on fire right now ? As it will be crashed very soon. Sorry. But being honest. It says 18+ on the box for a reason. It's about the decision process.

GTA V is also 18+

Reactions: AngryBird
17+ actually, at least in US. Sorry, couldn't resist ;):)

I rarely play video games but yes, playing s video game absolutely can help. Many of the games have drones in the game that behave pretty closely in the game to the phantom. The games have developed past frogger! They are incredibly difficult to play and I would even say more difficult than flying a quad. Albeit if you crash on the screen you just get another one and the potential damage is 0.. Still if you don't think you can learn orientation and other skills through a video game you haven't watched games recently. The Go app uses a video game / simulator it's a really bad one but still a video game.
Lol true, I didn't know it at the time but I always used to go fly the helicopters in battlefield 4 in free play, it took a while to learn but the controls were identical. A year and a half later I realized I already had some feel for flying!

Reactions: m0j0
Thank you guys for all your input. I appreciate them all, good or bad. She is a single mom and a very good friend of mine and my girlfriend. He does look up to me and we do alot of stuff together. He may be 10 but he is mentally on the level of a 13 year old. Still he is young and i understand were this would be an issue. I was thinking more on the lines of this would be something we would do together in a park or large open field. Of course once he got use to it and had several flights under his belt would i only then allow him to fly alone without me. But when he saw mine for the first time he was blown away. at one point he looked at me and said Buy me one. I was looking for input mostly from fathers who have let there young sons fly theres or who had bought them there own.. Thanks again

Reactions: fordruid
You sound like a man with a good heart but just think how you would feel if things went bad. Buy him one of you want but you can't leave him alone with one until he is an adult.

Thank you guys for all your input. I appreciate them all, good or bad. She is a single mom and a very good friend of mine and my girlfriend. He does look up to me and we do alot of stuff together. He may be 10 but he is mentally on the level of a 13 year old. Still he is young and i understand were this would be an issue. I was thinking more on the lines of this would be something we would do together in a park or large open field. Of course once he got use to it and had several flights under his belt would i only then allow him to fly alone without me. But when he saw mine for the first time he was blown away. at one point he looked at me and said Buy me one. I was looking for input mostly from fathers who have let there young sons fly theres or who had bought them there own.. Thanks again

As a father that did buy his son a P3A you've made up your mind to get him one and I support you. You know him better then we do. My son and I have a ball with his P3A.

Do it!

Reactions: fordruid
I hope y'all have a great time with it!!!

After I got my Phantom 3, before I flew it a lot, I bought a Hubsan x4 H107C and about a dozen batteries, and flew it around the house and in the back yard in all kinds of weather, with the prop guard on-makes flying a P3 easy and was the best advice I got from this forum early on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues